Vietnam Flavor - 10 Days
Savor delicious Vietnamese dishes from North down South is always a wonderful experiences. Besides that you also have chance to experience a hands-on cooking class in different cooking class and explore the difference in cuisine from North to South, both in top-end restaurants and authentic street food experiences.
- Taste your way through the narrow alleys of Hanoi’s Old Quarter.
- Enjoy traditional Vietnamese seafood on Halong junk.
- Learn how to cook some kinds of local foods in Hanoi and Hoi An.
- Eat like a local by trying the popular street stalls in hidden charm Hoi An town.
- Spend your time to relax on beautiful Nha Trang beach.
- Country: Vietnam
- Your Guide: English Speaking
- Travel Style: Culinary
- Tour Type: Private Tour Package
- Start: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Finish: Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
You will visit
Warmly welcome at Noi Bai airport - Hanoi. Pick up and transfer to your
hotel. After a short break, enjoy a walking tour to the Old quarter of
Hanoi. Explore street food on vender, why you don’t try to local brew
“Bia Hoi” like Hanoian. In the evening, enjoy the Vietnamese dinner at
the famous restaurant.
If cooking were painting, Vietnam would have one of the world’s most
colorful palettes. Start to discover the diversity of Vietnam flavor
with cooking class in Hanoi. This morning, the tour guide will escort
you to the class. Meet the chef for a market tour. In the market, the
guide and chef will give you the chance to discover the traditional
Vietnamese market and explain for you all different kinds of food and
vegetable which you may see or not see them before. Back to the kitchen
and learn how to make a number of regional delicacies, which may include
Banana Flower Salad and Spring Rolls. After a half-day morning session,
you enjoy a delicious feast of the dishes you created, and get to take a
copy of the recipes home with you.
In the afternoon, you will visit some highlights of Hanoi such as Temple of Literature - the first university in Vietnam, Vietnamese Women’s Museum that offers a broad insight to 54 ethnic groups through a lens of women’s topics. In the later afternoon, enjoy water puppet show.
Today you will go to Halong bay - the UNESCO World Heritage. The driver
picks you up at 8 am. After about 3.5 driving hours, you will arrive in
Halong bay. Board a traditional junk for an overnight cruise. Halong Bay
is widely considered to be one of the natural wonders of the world.
Thousands of towering pillars of sea and wind-carved limestone karst
make the bay an unforgettable sight. After lunch, explore some of the
huge limestone caves dotted around the bay and visit a floating fishing
village. Then the captain will find a secluded spot where you can swim,
soak up the sun on the top deck, or try your hand at kayaking. In the
evening enjoy a seafood feast for dinner.
Enjoy an early morning swim (during the summer), followed by breakfast
as you cruise through more spectacular scenery. The cruise arrives at
the harbor by noon. The driver will pick you up and then transfer
directly to Noi Bai airport for flight to Danang. Upon arrival, pick up
and transfer to your hotel in Hoi An. Check in hotel and free time.
This morning, you will join in a cooking class at Red Bridge Cooking
School. Visit Hoi An’s colourful market, and experience the amazing
sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. You will have the
opportunity to interact with the local sellers and learn about all the
ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
After that, board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. On arrival, you explore the cooking school’s herb and vegetable garden, before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours - each dish is first demonstrated by the Red Bridge chef’s, before you prepare the same dish youself. Included in the class is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration). After the lesson, you can enjoy what you have cooked.
In the afternoon, enjoy a walking tour of the ancient town, including the 200 year-old Tan Ky house, Phuc Kien Pagoda, the Assembly Hall, the former merchants’ houses, the 400 year-old Japanese Covered Bridge. Free time for shopping and tailor made suits.
Today, you catch morning flight to Nha Trang for some beach holiday.
Pick up and transfer to your resort. Enjoy your free time for sunbathing
in Nha Trang beach - one of most beautiful beaches in Vietnam.
There are many activities around the city and surrounding area for you
to do and see today. Swimming in cool water or snorkel and dive among
the coral reefs in crystal blue waters, hike nature trails…
You also have fun at Vinpearl Amusement park or experience some interesting places like the ancient Po Ngar Cham towers or the French built Nha Tho Nui Cathedral. Other sites of interest include the Long Son Pagoda and the National Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam ..
Also make time to take advantage of the massage and spa facilities in the resort, to enjoy the sea breeze through your room window or go for a swim at either the resort pool or the adjacent beach.
Leave Nha Trang for Saigon by flight. Upon arrival, transfer to the
downtown for brief city tour in Saigon including The Reunification
Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office, Remnant War Museum. In
the afternoon, spend your time visiting the local markets (Ben Thanh
market and Cho Lon) to discover the fruitful ingredients and fresh fruit
in Saigon. Explore the street food here with special dish likes Saigon
sandwich, kinds of noodle (Hu Tieu, Bun Thit Nuong…)
Today, you will discover Mekong delta and visit the colorful floating
market - Cai Be. Leave bustling Saigon for the 3 hour drive to the delta
town of Cai Be. On arrival, board your boat for cruise in the Delta’s
Start your journey by passing by Cai Be’s floating market, cruising among local barges with full of fruits and vegetables… The cruise will then bring you to some local home factories to discover traditional rice paste making, rice pop corn, coco candies…
After a delicious lunch at the local ancient house, you will have chance admire the scenery and the daily life of the local villagers by rowboat passing through small sampan. Stops on the way can be made upon request for particular visits or photos marking. The excursion will end at around 3.00 pm. You will return to Saigon in the later afternoon.
Free at leisure until you are transferred to the airport for the departure flight. Cảm ơn và chào tạm biệt.
- Accommodation based on twin/double sharing with daily breakfast (3* hotel category).
- Vietnam visa approval letter.
- Experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with AC.
- Flight tickets Hanoi - Danang, Danang - Nha Trang, Nha Trang - Saigon with Vietnam Airlines.
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Lunches and dinners as indicated in the itinerary.
- Taxes and services charges.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Visa stamping fee.
- Early check in and late check out.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
The tour rate is based on twin/double sharing rooms at 3* hotel category. We can customize this tour according to your request. Our travel consultant will contact you within 12 hours with a tailor-made itinerary and price.
A minimum deposit of 30% of the full amount is required to confirm your booking. The balance will be settled before or upon arrival.
Clothing & Packing Tips
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- Waterproof shoes or sandals, a swimsuit, sunscreen, and insect repellent are recommended for outdoor activities.
- It is preferable not to visit temples or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
- Free Wi-Fi is available in most hotels.
- You can buy 4G data simcard at the airport, the price is very low.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
- You will use the Vietnamese dong in Vietnam, Cambodian riel (or U.S. dollars) in Cambodia, and the Kip(Lak) in Laos.
- In Cambodia, U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, though change may be given in riel. Most hotels, restaurants, shops, taxis, buses, and airlines list their prices in U.S. dollars, but small transactions (less than a dollar) are usually conducted in riel. Always carry small amounts of riel for motorcycle taxis, snacks, and other small purchases.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, although it’s worth ordering some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your tour guide and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $10USD to $15USD per day for your tour guide and the equivalent of $5USD to $10USD per day for your driver.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
If you have any specific food requirement (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.) please inform us in advance, we will provide notices to our restaurants, tour guides and partners so they would be able to serve you the best.
We apply non refundable deposit of 10 USD for hotel, air ticket booking, 100 USD/per person for tour package upon service confirmation. Cancellations will be charged as following:
- 30 days before arrival: No cancellation charge.
- 29 - 14 days before arrival: 10% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 13 - 7 days before arrival: 40% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 6 days before arrival: 100 % of the tour cost is forfeited.
- No show: 100% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- Infant under 2-years-old free of charge land tour and 25% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult without extra bed charge 50% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult with bed charge 80% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Upon 12-years-old - 100% charge of tour cost.