Amazing Vietnam and Cambodia - 11 Days
- Country: Vietnam, Cambodia
- Your Guide: English Speaking
- Travel Style: Cultural & Classic
- Tour Type: Private Tour Package
- Start: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Finish: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
You will visit
Upon arrival, tour guide and driver of S Vietnam Travel will welcome you. Tour briefing and transfer to your hotel. Tour briefing and transfer to your hotel. Enjoy walking tour around Hoan Kiem lake and the Old Quarter of Hanoi. In the evening, the guide will take you on a culinary adventure, sampling street food in the Old Quarter. It’s a great opportunity to try all those weird and wonderful foods you see but just aren’t sure what they are! Start your Hanoi Street “Eats Tour” at Bia Hoi corner to try the local brew, a draft beer that traces its roots to Eastern Europe.
In the morning, you have a half day city tour with some main attractions of Hanoi, including Ho Chi Minh complex (Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum and stilt house); the Temple of Literature, and one of the city’s museum (Women Museum).
In the afternoon, you will go to Bat Trang - one of most famous traditional village in the North of Vietnam. The people of Bat Trang are famous for their ceramics. This is where Hanoians come to buy their pottery. It takes you about 30 minute drive to Bat Trang. Once there, you will walk through the village, visiting different homes and observing the ceramic production process. This tour is ideal for those people who are interested in craft and artwork and wish to take a unique souvenir of Vietnam home with them.
At around 8 am, your driver will pick you up for the journey to Halong Bay and arrive at around midday to board a traditional junk for an overnight cruise. Halong Bay is widely considered to be one of the natural wonders of the world. Thousands of towering pillars of sea and wind-carved limestone karst make the bay an unforgettable sight. After lunch, explore some of the huge limestone caves dotted around the bay and visit a floating fishing village. Then the captain will find a secluded spot where you can swim, soak up the sun on the top deck, or try your hand at kayaking. In the evening enjoy a seafood feast for dinner.
Enjoy an early morning swim (during the summer), followed by breakfast as you cruise through more spectacular scenery. The cruise arrives at the harbor by noon. The driver will pick you up and then transfer directly to the airport for flight to Saigon. Pick up and transfer to your hotel. Check in and free time.
This morning, you will visit the famous Cu Chi tunnels, an incredible underground tunnel network constructed by Vietnamese resistance fighters during the long struggle for independence. The network included innumerable trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers and kitchens.
Back to Saigon for half day city tour, including The Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office, Remnant War Museum and Ben Thanh market.
Today, you will discover Mekong delta and visit the colorful floating market - Cai Be. Leave bustling Saigon for the 3 hour drive to the delta town of Cai Be. On arrival, board your boat for cruise in the Delta’s waterways.
Start your journey by passing by Cai Be’s floating market, cruising among local barges with full of fruits and vegetables… The cruise will then bring you to some local home factories to discover traditional rice paste making, rice pop corn, coco candies…
After a delicious lunch at the local ancient house, you will have chance admire the scenery and the daily life of the local villagers by rowboat passing through small sampan. Stops on the way can be made upon request for particular visits or photos marking. The excursion will end at around 3.00 pm. You will return to Saigon in the later afternoon.
This morning, you will transfer to the airport for your short flight to Siem Reap. Upon arrival, Siem Reap orientation, walking along the Siem Reap Riverside, and visit the Fruit-bat in front of the Residence of King. Enjoy dinner with Apsara dance show.
Following the breakfast at your hotel, you have a full day to explore the wondrous ancient ruins with the South Gate of Angkor Thom, which is famous for its series of colossal human faces carved in stone, the impressive Bayon Temple, the Royal Enclosure, Phimeanakas, the Elephant Terrace, the Terrace of the Leper King and the largest as well as the most complete temple of Angkor Wat. This architectural masterpiece was constructed in the 12th century and covers an area of about 210 hectares. You stroll around this massive edifice, seeing the many galleries with columns, libraries, pavilions, courtyards and ponds full of water reflecting the towering temple.
Today, you leave Siem Reap for Phnom Penh - the capital of Cambodia by shuttle bus. On the way, you have chance to visit one of local market in Kam Bang Thom. There is a lot of special local food like fried spider…
Arrive in Phnom Penh in the early afternoon. After short break, you will visit the interesting sites: The Royal Palace and The Silver pagoda. They offer a display of priceless Buddhist and historical objects. In the later afternoon, take a boat trip to Koh Dach where the Khmer produce their Hol and Pamourng using silk (Hol & Pamourng is a traditional Khmer costume used for special ceremonies or weddings). Enjoy sunset along the Tonle Mekong river.
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and then drive to Toul Sleng museum (S-21) and the killing field of Choueng Ek, which is about 35kim away from the city. These places are grim reminders of Cambodia's bloody past under Pol Pot. It is almost inconceivable to confront the nature of true evil here in this gentle land, but the Buddhist memorial at Choeung Ek, commemorates the 1.7 million victims of the 1975-79 Pol Pot regime. This excursion may prove distressing for some. Back to the city in the afternoon and visit Wat Phnom ( Central of the City): is a treasured place of respect for all Khmers and is the namesake of the capital. You have free time for shopping at the Russian Market called “Psha Toul Tom Poung”.Like the Central Market, there are several jewelers and gold-sellers, but it also carries huge selection of curios, silks and carvings, it is one of the best markets in town to buy fabric.
You have free time until be transferred to the airport for your departure flight. End of the tour. Thank you for using our service.
- Accommodation based on twin/double sharing with daily breakfast (3* hotel category).
- Vietnam visa approval letter.
- Experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with AC.
- Flight tickets Hanoi - Saigon, Saigon - Siem Reap.
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Lunches and dinners as indicated in the itinerary.
- Taxes and services charges.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Visa stamping fee.
- Early check in and late check out.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
The tour rate is based on twin/double sharing rooms at 3* hotel category. We can customize this tour according to your request. Our travel consultant will contact you within 12 hours with a tailor-made itinerary and price.
A minimum deposit of 30% of the full amount is required to confirm your booking. The balance will be settled before or upon arrival.
Clothing & Packing Tips
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- Waterproof shoes or sandals, a swimsuit, sunscreen, and insect repellent are recommended for outdoor activities.
- It is preferable not to visit temples or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
- Free Wi-Fi is available in most hotels.
- You can buy 4G data simcard at the airport, the price is very low.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
- You will use the Vietnamese dong in Vietnam, Cambodian riel (or U.S. dollars) in Cambodia, and the Kip(Lak) in Laos.
- In Cambodia, U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, though change may be given in riel. Most hotels, restaurants, shops, taxis, buses, and airlines list their prices in U.S. dollars, but small transactions (less than a dollar) are usually conducted in riel. Always carry small amounts of riel for motorcycle taxis, snacks, and other small purchases.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, although it’s worth ordering some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your tour guide and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $10USD to $15USD per day for your tour guide and the equivalent of $5USD to $10USD per day for your driver.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
If you have any specific food requirement (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.) please inform us in advance, we will provide notices to our restaurants, tour guides and partners so they would be able to serve you the best.
We apply non refundable deposit of 10 USD for hotel, air ticket booking, 100 USD/per person for tour package upon service confirmation. Cancellations will be charged as following:
- 30 days before arrival: No cancellation charge.
- 29 - 14 days before arrival: 10% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 13 - 7 days before arrival: 40% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 6 days before arrival: 100 % of the tour cost is forfeited.
- No show: 100% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- Infant under 2-years-old free of charge land tour and 25% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult without extra bed charge 50% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult with bed charge 80% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Upon 12-years-old - 100% charge of tour cost.