Bun Cha Hanoi - Local Food in Hanoi, Vietnam
- Views: 479
- ▸ Vietnam Travel Guide
"Bun Cha Hanoi" is very good food, always fascinating everyone because Hanoi people use a very typical sauce which is just made in Vietnam. Bun Cha is popular in the Northern region of Vietnam. In the South, a similar dish of rice vermicelli and grilled meat is called "bún thịt nướng". There are two versions of fatty grilled pork used in Bun Cha in Hanoi, pieces of minced pork and slices of pork.
Normally, a portion of Bun Cha will contain both of them. They are marinated with salt, pepper, fish sauce, lemongrass, chilies and dried onions and sugar before being grilled on traditional coal stove called bep than. The smell of grilling pork already evokes a mouth-watering sensation. Meanwhile,nuoc cham is made with fish sauce (with quite a lot of water to make it diluted), green papaya, carrot along with a little bit of vinegar, sugar, chilies and garlic.
In order to making Bun Cha is not difficult at all, to make an authentic and delicious bowl of Hanoi’s Bun Cha requires experience and sometimes family secrets which is how nuoc cham is made. Listed in top 7 specialties of Hanoi street food, the available density of Bun cha Hanoi is so great that you can easily find a Bun cha everywhere.
Five famous Bun Cha restaurants in Hanoi
1. Bun cha Dac Kim at No. 1 Hang Manh, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi.
2. Bun cha Hanoi at 34 Hang Than street, Ba Dinh district, Hanoi.
3. Bun cha Hanoi at lane 74, Hang Quat street, Hoan Kiem district, Hanoi.
4. Bun cha Bach Mai grilled on bamboo stick. (Lane 213 Bach Mai street, Hai Ba Trung district, Hanoi).
5. Bun cha Huong Lien at 24 Le Van Huu street, Hai Ba Trung district, Hanoi.
How much is Hanoi bun cha?
Price of each bowl of Hanoi bun cha is about 40.000-60.000 VND ( 2-3$).
- Top Foods in Hanoi
Start the discussion...