Vietnam Family Holiday - 15 Days
Spend your time together with your family and discover beautiful Vietnam in 15 days, you will get a lot of experiences and funs. Start the trip in Hanoi - the capital of Vietnam and then explore the geography diversity of Vietnam: from mountain areas (Sapa) to beautiful beaches in Halong, Hoi An, Nha Trang. The tour will finish in Ho Chi Minh city (former Saigon) and then you are easy to catch your departure flight to come back home.
- Country: Vietnam
- Your Guide: English Speaking
- Travel Style: Cultural & Classic
- Tour Type: Private Tour
- Start: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Finish: Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
You will visit
Upon arrival, tour guide and driver of S Vietnam Travel will welcome you. Tour briefing and transfer to city centre. After a short break, you will have chance to enjoy cyclo tour around Hoan Kiem lake and attend water puppet show - one of Vietnamese traditional performance.
In the evening, enjoy welcome dinner at the local restaurant.
Enjoy breakfast at hotel then start a guided city tour of Hanoi. Having celebrated its 1000- year anniversary in 2010, the city has a rich and fascinating history. Your city tour will take you to the main attractions of Hanoi, including Ho Chi Minh complex (Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum and stilt house; the Presidential Palace and the nearby One Pillar Pagoda), the Temple of Literature, West lake, Tran Quoc pagoda, and of the city’s museum (History Museum or Ethnology Museum).
In the evening, transfer to Hanoi station for night train to Lao Cai. Overnight on train.
The train arrives at Lao Cai train station very early. There will be a vehicle waiting to transfer you to Sapa. The drive to Sapa is only 33 km but it takes around 1.5 hours.
Once to Sapa, enjoy the breakfast at the hotel. Then start your day tour by walking down to the South-west of Sapa (around 4 km) to visit Cat Cat village of the Black H’mong. Relax at the foot of the stunning waterfall and the vestige of a hydroelectric power station that was constructed by the French during the colonial time in Vietnam. Trekking next 6 km to Sin Chai, the village located at the foot of Fansipan Mountain, “the roof of Vietnam and Indochina”.
In the late afternoon, check in hotel and free time at your leisure.
Morning is you free time in the hotel. After check out hotel, you will drive 9 km southwest of Sa Pa town in the Hoang Lien Son range of mountains, then take a cable car to highest mountain in Vietnam as well as in the Indochina Peninsula - Fansipan. Hence, it is branded as "the Roof of Indochina" with 3143m summit. Its name which is pronounced roughly by local people as "Hua Xi Pan" means "the tottery giant rock". You have free time to take photograph and relax before going down.
After that, continue to visit Taphin village. You will have the opportunity to visit and explore the village where the Red Dao and Black H’Mong ethnic minority hill tribes live. Walking around the village to explore the custom, daily life and weaving technique of the local people. Back to the town.
After the tour, the tour guide and driver will escort you to Lao Cai station for night train to Hanoi.
Arrive in Hanoi at around 5.30 am. A day room will be available, so you can have shower and freshen up before breakfast. At around 9 am, your driver will pick you up for the journey to Halong Bay and arrive at around midday to board a traditional junk for an overnight cruise. Halong Bay is widely considered to be one of the natural wonders of the world. Thousands of towering pillars of sea and wind-carved limestone karst make the bay an unforgettable sight. After lunch, explore some of the huge limestone caves dotted around the bay and visit a floating fishing village. Then the captain will find a secluded spot where you can swim, soak up the sun on the top deck. In the evening enjoy a seafood feast for dinner.
Enjoy an early morning swim (during the summer), followed by breakfast as you cruise through more spectacular scenery. The cruise arrives at the harbor by noon. The driver will pick you up and then transfer directly to the airport for flight to Hue. Upon arrival in Hue, you will be transferred to your hotel. Check in and free time.
Being the ancient capital, Hue is surrounded with ancient tombs of the past emperors, and with Orient style - those tombs almost located near the bank of Hue’s river - Perfume river. In the morning, take boat trip along the scenic Perfume River for sightseeing and next stop will be the famous Thien Mu pagoda - the oldest pagoda in Hue city.
Continue to visit the Citadel, containing the Imperial City, the Forbidden Purple City and the Emperor's private residence. The Imperial City, created in the 19th century and modeled on the Forbidden City in Beijing. You also visit Hue Royal Antiques Museum - a collection of ornaments from Nguyen dynasty.
In the afternoon, you will see two tombs of Nguyen kings: Ming Mang’s tomb - one is impressed by the majesty and symmetry of the architectural constructions and Khai Dinh’s tomb - a blend of Western and Eastern architecture.
You also visit the vibrant Dong Ba market before coming back to your hotel.
Today you will discover Ba Na hills - 25 km to the southwest of Da Nang at an altitude of 1,487m. Ba Na Hills are considered as “One temperate place in the tropical forest” because the climate is cool all the year round and you can enjoy four seasons within a single day. The tour guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel and then transfer to the cable car station at the foot of Ba Na Mountain. Take a cable car to the top of Mountain. You will have chance to visit the Le Jardin old wineries, remains of French Villas and Linh Ung pagoda with 27m high Buddha statue. Enjoy lunch at Panorama restaurant and then conquer the Peak of Chua mountain at the height of 1,487m.
Enjoy the panorama view of the Da Nang from the top of Ba Na Hills. And then visit Golden Bridge before returning to cable car station. Back to the cable cabin to go down and then transfer to Hoian. Check in hotel and free time.
This morning, you will join in a cooking class at Red Bridge Cooking School. Visit Hoi An’s colourful market, and experience the amazing sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. You will have the opportunity to interact with the local sellers and learn about all the ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
After that, board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. On arrival, you explore the cooking school’s herb and vegetable garden, before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours - each dish is first demonstrated by the Red Bridge chef’s, before you prepare the same dish youself. Included in the class is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration). After the lesson, you can enjoy what you have cooked.
In the afternoon, enjoy a walking tour of the ancient town, including the 200 year-old Tan Ky house, Phuc Kien Pagoda, the Assembly Hall, the former merchants’ houses, the 400 year-old Japanese Covered Bridge. Free time for shopping and tailor made suits.
After breakfast, leave Hoian to visit My Son, a World Heritage, 50 km southwest of Hoi An. Located in a lush valley; My Son was a capital and religious center of Cham people, now remaining with red brick towers and sanctuaries. My Son, once the spiritual capital of Champa Kingdom that dominated South East Asia for nearly a thousand years and occupied most of the central parts of Vietnam from 2nd century to 16th century with very rich in history and culture. Contemplate its remarkable red brick towers and sanctuaries dating from between the 7th and 13th centuries.
After the tour, transfer to Danang airport for the flight to Nha Trang. Upon arrival in Nha Trang, pick up and transfer to your hotel. Check in and free time.
You have 2 full free days in Nha Trang. You have two full days to enjoy the beach. A lot of suggestions for your holiday such as:
Take a boat trip of the coast of Nha Trang and enjoy diving or snorkeling to admire the coral reef as well as the array of beautiful fish in the water.
Visit some interesting places in the downtown. Start at the Cham Tower - an ancient shrine and temple built by the erstwhile ruling Cham people. Nearby is Long Son pagoda, where you can climb up to a majestic sitting Buddha and take in the scenic views over Nha Trang city. From the summit, you should be able to spy your next stop, the Oceanographic Institute. Housed in a huge complex of old French colonial buildings, the Institute is an interesting place to stroll around, not least for some of the gruesome exhibits. Think big glass jars and vinegar.
Go to Thap Ba hot springs, Thap Ba Hot Spring Centre where you can wallow in the mud bath, The local mud is said to be exceptionally good for the skin. Also within the complex is a swimming pool, spa and a sauna -remember to wash off the mud beforehand.
Don’t forget to try local delicacy like fresh seafood, Nem Nuong (Grill Pork wrap in rice paper), fish noddle (Bun Ca), Lac Canh’ s grilled beef, Can Cake…
You will catch morning flight to Saigon. Upon arrival in Saigon - Vietnam’s largest city, you will have a half day tour including the interesting sites such as The Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office, Remnant War Museum and Ben Thanh market.
Go Cong, totally strange and real authentic Mekong tour. A small island located within 2 doors Cửa Đại and Cửa Tiểu with 6 moths of fresh water and 6 months of salty water will bring you an amazing photo about hospitality, friendly people.
From Saigon, drive away the noise of city life to reach Tam vu- the kingdom of dragon fruits plantation. We may stop at any garden on way and enjoy a special kind of dragon fruit- the red one. The busy market with colorful flowers and fruits and vegetables, catfish, turtle...will give you a wonderful photo for countryside life. Not only dragon fruits but also rice, corn, chili field on way down a ferry station will bring you to another picture of mekong delta. Hop on a bike ( or motobike ) to get on a green island full of coconut and sour-sop. Let stop at a local how to see what do they do with coconut, water hyercinth weaving, brooms and coconut leaf roof made.
Let try a new taste with cool canal by a sampan. Lunch will be in a coconut garden with great hospitality from the host. Back to Saigon in the afternoon.
Breakfast at your hotel and then transfer to the airport for your departure flight. End of the tour. Thank you for using our service.
- Accommodation based on twin/double sharing with daily breakfast (3* hotel category).
- Vietnam visa approval letter.
- Experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with AC.
- Flight tickets Hanoi - Hue, Danang - Nha Trang, Nha Trang - Saigon.
- Return train ticket Hanoi - Lao Cai - Hanoi.
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Lunches and dinners as indicated in the itinerary.
- Taxes and services charges.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Visa stamping fee.
- Early check in and late check out.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
The tour rate is based on twin/double sharing rooms at 3* hotel category. We can customize this tour according to your request. Our travel consultant will contact you within 12 hours with a tailor-made itinerary and price.
A minimum deposit of 30% of the full amount is required to confirm your booking. The balance will be settled before or upon arrival.
Clothing & Packing Tips
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- Waterproof shoes or sandals, a swimsuit, sunscreen, and insect repellent are recommended for outdoor activities.
- It is preferable not to visit temples or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
- Free Wi-Fi is available in most hotels.
- You can buy 4G data simcard at the airport, the price is very low.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
- You will use the Vietnamese dong in Vietnam, Cambodian riel (or U.S. dollars) in Cambodia, and the Kip(Lak) in Laos.
- In Cambodia, U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, though change may be given in riel. Most hotels, restaurants, shops, taxis, buses, and airlines list their prices in U.S. dollars, but small transactions (less than a dollar) are usually conducted in riel. Always carry small amounts of riel for motorcycle taxis, snacks, and other small purchases.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, although it’s worth ordering some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your tour guide and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $10USD to $15USD per day for your tour guide and the equivalent of $5USD to $10USD per day for your driver.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
If you have any specific food requirement (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.) please inform us in advance, we will provide notices to our restaurants, tour guides and partners so they would be able to serve you the best.
We apply non refundable deposit of 10 USD for hotel, air ticket booking, 100 USD/per person for tour package upon service confirmation. Cancellations will be charged as following:
- 30 days before arrival: No cancellation charge.
- 29 - 14 days before arrival: 10% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 13 - 7 days before arrival: 40% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 6 days before arrival: 100 % of the tour cost is forfeited.
- No show: 100% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- Infant under 2-years-old free of charge land tour and 25% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult without extra bed charge 50% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult with bed charge 80% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Upon 12-years-old - 100% charge of tour cost.