This tour takes you from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh city (Saigon) within 9 days. The trip covers most of the main attractions with a lot of fun and experiences. You start from Hanoi - the capital of Vietnam, have an amazing night on Halong Bay, laugh and fun with Cooking Class in Hoi An, visit incredible Cu Chi tunnels, explore an active Saigon.
- Explore the key and notable attractions of Vietnam.
- Witness the hustle and bustle of Hanoi’s Old Quarter.
- Relax and enjoy seafood on a romantic junk on Halong bay.
- Join the cooking class & learn how to cook the most famous Vietnamese foods in Hoi An.
- Visit the imperial city of Hue and enjoy a cruise along the Perfume River.
- Explore the highlighted sites in Ho Chi Minh city and the infamous Cu Chi tunnels.
- Country: Vietnam
- Your Guide: English Speaking
- Travel Style: Cultural & Classic
- Tour Type: Private Tour
- Start: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Finish: Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
You will visit
Upon arrival, you will be welcomed by tour guide and driver of S Vietnam
Travel. Tour briefing and transfer to your hotel. Enjoy walking tour
around Hoan Kiem lake and the Old Quarter of Hanoi. In the evening, have
a welcome dinner at the local restaurant hosted by S Vietnam Travel.
Having breakfast at hotel then start a guided city tour of Hanoi. Having
celebrated its 1000- year anniversary in 2010, the city has a rich and
fascinating history. Your city tour will take you to the main
attractions of Hanoi, including Ho Chi Minh complex (Ho Chi Minh’s
mausoleum and stilt house); the Presidential Palace, the nearby One
Pillar Pagoda, the Temple of Literature, West lake, Tran Quoc pagoda,
Quan Thanh temple and of the city’s museum (History Museum or Ethnology
Museum). Late afternoon, enjoy Water puppet show - one of Vietnamese
At around 8 am, your driver will pick you up for the journey to Halong
Bay and arrive at around midday to board a traditional junk for an
overnight cruise. Halong Bay is widely considered to be one of the
natural wonders of the world. Thousands of towering pillars of sea and
wind-carved limestone karst make the bay an unforgettable sight. After
lunch, explore some of the huge limestone caves dotted around the bay
and visit a floating fishing village. Then the captain will find a
secluded spot where you can swim, soak up the sun on the top deck, or
try your hand at kayaking. In the evening enjoy a seafood feast for
Enjoy an early morning swim (during the summer), followed by breakfast
as you cruise through more spectacular scenery. The cruise arrives at
the harbor by noon. The driver will pick you up and then transfer
directly to the airport for flight to Danang. Upon arrival in Danang,
you will be transferred to your hotel in Hoi An. Check in and free time
to explorer the ancient town.
This morning, you will join in a cooking class at Red Bridge Cooking
School. Visit Hoi An’s colourful market, and experience the amazing
sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. You will have the
opportunity to interact with the local sellers and learn about all the
ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
After that, board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. On arrival, you explore the cooking school’s herb and vegetable garden, before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours - each dish is first demonstrated by the Red Bridge chef’s, before you prepare the same dish youself. Included in the class is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration). After the lesson, you can enjoy what you have cooked.
In the afternoon, enjoy a walking tour of the ancient town, including the 200 year-old Tan Ky house, Phuc Kien Pagoda, the Assembly Hall, the former merchants’ houses, the 400 year-old Japanese Covered Bridge. Free time for shopping and tailor made suits.
This morning, you leave Hoi An for Hue. On the way, you will have chance
to the fascinating Cham Museum and Marble Mountain en route to charming
Hoi An. Upon arrival, you will visit the Citadel and the Forbidden
Purple City. You also visit Tu Hieu pagoda and Imperial museum before
free time for shopping at the vibrant Dong Ba market.
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel and then board a private boat for a cruise
on Perfume river. You will visit Thien Mu pagoda and then take a drive
to visit Minh Mang tomb before transferring to the airport for flight to
Upon arrival in Saigon - Vietnam’s largest city, you will have a half day tour including the interesting sites such as The Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office, Remnant War Museum and Ben Thanh market.
This monring, you will visit the famous Cu Chi tunnels, an incredible
underground tunnel network constructed by Vietnamese resistance fighters
during the long struggle for independence.
The network included innumerable trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers and kitchens.
After that, drive to Tay Ninh province to visit Cao Dai great temple - one of the most striking structures in Asia. This temple is the holy land of Cai Dai religion - a mixture of Buddhism, Confucius, Taoism, Hinduism, Christianity…). You will have chance to attend the daily noon prayer. Come back Saigon in the late afternoon.
Today is your free time. The driver and tour guide will pick you up and
transfer to your departure flight. Thank you for travelling with us. Tạm
biệt và hẹn gặp lại.
- Accommodation based on twin/double sharing with daily breakfast (3* hotel category).
- Vietnam visa approval letter.
- Experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with AC.
- Flight tickets Hanoi - Danang, Hue - Saigon with Vietnam Airlines.
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Lunches and dinners as indicated in the itinerary.
- Taxes and services charges.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Visa stamping fee.
- Early check in and late check out.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
The tour rate is based on twin/double sharing rooms at 3* hotel category. We can customize this tour according to your request. Our travel consultant will contact you within 12 hours with a tailor-made itinerary and price.
A minimum deposit of 30% of the full amount is required to confirm your booking. The balance will be settled before or upon arrival.
Clothing & Packing Tips
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- Waterproof shoes or sandals, a swimsuit, sunscreen, and insect repellent are recommended for outdoor activities.
- It is preferable not to visit temples or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
- Free Wi-Fi is available in most hotels.
- You can buy 4G data simcard at the airport, the price is very low.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
- You will use the Vietnamese dong in Vietnam, Cambodian riel (or U.S. dollars) in Cambodia, and the Kip(Lak) in Laos.
- In Cambodia, U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, though change may be given in riel. Most hotels, restaurants, shops, taxis, buses, and airlines list their prices in U.S. dollars, but small transactions (less than a dollar) are usually conducted in riel. Always carry small amounts of riel for motorcycle taxis, snacks, and other small purchases.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, although it’s worth ordering some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your tour guide and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $10USD to $15USD per day for your tour guide and the equivalent of $5USD to $10USD per day for your driver.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
If you have any specific food requirement (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.) please inform us in advance, we will provide notices to our restaurants, tour guides and partners so they would be able to serve you the best.
We apply non refundable deposit of 10 USD for hotel, air ticket booking, 100 USD/per person for tour package upon service confirmation. Cancellations will be charged as following:
- 30 days before arrival: No cancellation charge.
- 29 - 14 days before arrival: 10% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 13 - 7 days before arrival: 40% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 6 days before arrival: 100 % of the tour cost is forfeited.
- No show: 100% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- Infant under 2-years-old free of charge land tour and 25% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult without extra bed charge 50% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult with bed charge 80% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Upon 12-years-old - 100% charge of tour cost.