This 12 day family tour includes the most interesting sites in Vietnam from the South to the North. The trip’s itinerary is special tailored to meet the unique needs of the family vacation. It is one of the most interesting tours recommended for family holidays in Vietnam.
- Enjoy real local values and identities.
- Explore one of the most famous battlegrounds in the world: Cu Chi Tunnel.
- Relax with water activities in one of most beautiful beach Nha Trang.
- Join the cooking class & learn how to cook the most famous Vietnamese foods in Hoi An.
- Surprise your children with fascinating Water Puppet Show in Hanoi.
- Trekking and meeting the ethenic minority in Sapa.
- Try squid fishing when overnight on Halong bay cruise.
- Country: Vietnam
- Your Guide: English Speaking
- Travel Style: Family
- Tour Type: Private Tour
- Start: Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- Finish: Hanoi, Vietnam
You will visit
Welcome to Saigon - today’s Ho Chi Minh city - the country’s commercial
centre. The city never sleeps with over nine million inhabitants and
five million motorbikes. The drive and tour guide will pick you up and
then transfer to city centre. You have free time after flight and then
enjoy welcome dinner at the local restaurant.
This morning, you will visit the famous Cu Chi tunnels, an incredible
underground tunnel network constructed by Vietnamese resistance fighters
during the long struggle for independence.
The network included innumerable trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers and kitchens.
Back to Saigon for half day city tour, including The Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office, Remnant War Museum and Ben Thanh market.
Today, you catch morning flight to Nha Trang for some beach holiday.
Pick up and transfer to your resort. Enjoy your free time for sunbathing
in Nha Trang beach - one of most beautiful beaches in Vietnam.
There are many activities around the city and surrounding area for you
to do and see today. Swimming in cool water or snorkel and dive among
the coral reefs in crystal blue waters, hike nature trails…
You also have fun at Vinpearl Amusement park or experience some interesting places like the ancient Po Ngar Cham towers or the French built Nha Tho Nui Cathedral. Other sites of interest include the Long Son Pagoda and the National Oceanographic Museum of Vietnam ..
Also make time to take advantage of the massage and spa facilities in the resort, to enjoy the sea breeze through your room window or go for a swim at either the resort pool or the adjacent beach.
Today you will catch flight to Danang. Upon arrival, pick up and
transfer to your hotel in Hoi An. Visit the fascinating Cham Museum and
Marble Mountain en route to charming Hoi An. You have free time in the
afternoon to explore the ancient town of Hoi An.
This morning, you will join in a cooking class at Red Bridge Cooking
School. Visit Hoi An’s colourful market, and experience the amazing
sights, sounds and aromas of this busy market. You will have the
opportunity to interact with the local sellers and learn about all the
ingredients to be used in the cooking lesson later.
After that, board the Red Bridge boat for a leisurely cruise (25 minutes) along the Hoi An River to the Red Bridge Cooking School. On arrival, you explore the cooking school’s herb and vegetable garden, before learning about some of Hoi An’s and Vietnam’s well-known dishes. The cooking lesson runs for about 2 hours - each dish is first demonstrated by the Red Bridge chef’s, before you prepare the same dish youself. Included in the class is a brief introduction to Vietnamese food carving (plate decoration). After the lesson, you can enjoy what you have cooked.
In the afternoon, enjoy a walking tour of the ancient town, including the 200 year-old Tan Ky house, Phuc Kien Pagoda, the Assembly Hall, the former merchants’ houses, the 400 year-old Japanese Covered Bridge. Free time for shopping and tailor made suits.
Leave Hoi An for the flight to Hanoi - the charming capital of Vietnam.
The tour guide will pick you up and then transfer to the city centre.
After a short break, you will have walking tour to the old quarter of
Hanoi, Hoan Kiem lake and Ngoc Son temple. Enjoy water puppet show in
the later afternoon.
Having breakfast at hotel then start a full day city tour in Hanoi.
Start with Ho Chi Minh complex (including Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum and
stilt house); the Presidential Palace, the nearby One Pillar Pagoda and
Tran Quoc pagoda on West lake.
In the afternoon, explore the Temple of Literature, Vietnam’s first university and the Ethnology Museum to learn more about the diversity in ethnic communities of Vietnam.
Free time for dinner until be transferred to the station for night train to Lao Cai.
An early arrival in Lao Cai station where your car will meet you for
about 1 hour drive to Sapa. Enjoy breakfast and a briefing with your
guide before beginning your downhill trek. You will visit the H’Mong
village of Lao Chai and the Red Dzao village of Ta Van. Here you’ll have
the opportunity to visit some local homes to understand more about the
daily life of these tribes as well as their culture and traditions.
In the afternoon, you will be on your way to Cat Cat village where you stop by a beautiful waterfall, a hydroelectric station and a rice paddy terraces with spectacular sceneries.
In this area there are some fair markets which can't be missed (Can Cau
on Saturday, Bac Ha on Sunday, Coc Ly on Tuesday, Xin Cheng on
You will check out hotel early and leave Sapa for about 3 hours driving to the market. Join in the colorful market of the tribal people in this region. On the fair market the H'mong, Dzao, Phu La people in their best traditional costumes go to the market for shopping and meeting friends and relatives.
Late afternoon, transfer to Lao Cai for night train to Hanoi. In Lao Cai you’ll have a daily room so you can freshen up before the overnight train trip.
Arrive in Hanoi at around 5 am. A day room will be available, so you can
have shower and freshen up before breakfast. At around 8 am, your
driver will pick you up for the journey to Halong Bay and arrive at
around midday to board a traditional junk for an overnight cruise.
Halong Bay is widely considered to be one of the natural wonders of the
world. Thousands of towering pillars of sea and wind-carved limestone
karst make the bay an unforgettable sight. After lunch, explore some of
the huge limestone caves dotted around the bay and visit a floating
fishing village. Then the captain will find a secluded spot where you
can swim, soak up the sun on the top deck, or try your hand at kayaking.
In the evening enjoy a seafood feast for dinner.
Enjoy an early morning swim (during the summer), followed by breakfast
as you cruise through more spectacular scenery. The cruise arrives at
the harbor by noon. The driver will pick you up and then transfer
directly to the airport for your departure flight. End of your tour. Cảm
ơn và chào tạm biệt.
- Accommodation based on twin/double sharing with daily breakfast (3* hotel category).
- Vietnam visa approval letter.
- Experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with AC.
- Flight tickets Saigon - Nha Trang, Nha Trang - Danang, Danang - Hanoi with Vietnam Airlines.
- Return train ticket Hanoi - Lao Cai - Hanoi (4 soft berth sharing cabin).
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Lunches and dinners as indicated in the itinerary.
- Taxes and services charges.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Visa stamping fee.
- Early check in and late check out.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
The tour rate is based on twin/double sharing rooms at 3* hotel category. We can customize this tour according to your request. Our travel consultant will contact you within 12 hours with a tailor-made itinerary and price.
A minimum deposit of 30% of the full amount is required to confirm your booking. The balance will be settled before or upon arrival.
Clothing & Packing Tips
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- Waterproof shoes or sandals, a swimsuit, sunscreen, and insect repellent are recommended for outdoor activities.
- It is preferable not to visit temples or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
- Free Wi-Fi is available in most hotels.
- You can buy 4G data simcard at the airport, the price is very low.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
- You will use the Vietnamese dong in Vietnam, Cambodian riel (or U.S. dollars) in Cambodia, and the Kip(Lak) in Laos.
- In Cambodia, U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, though change may be given in riel. Most hotels, restaurants, shops, taxis, buses, and airlines list their prices in U.S. dollars, but small transactions (less than a dollar) are usually conducted in riel. Always carry small amounts of riel for motorcycle taxis, snacks, and other small purchases.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, although it’s worth ordering some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your tour guide and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $10USD to $15USD per day for your tour guide and the equivalent of $5USD to $10USD per day for your driver.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
If you have any specific food requirement (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.) please inform us in advance, we will provide notices to our restaurants, tour guides and partners so they would be able to serve you the best.
We apply non refundable deposit of 10 USD for hotel, air ticket booking, 100 USD/per person for tour package upon service confirmation. Cancellations will be charged as following:
- 30 days before arrival: No cancellation charge.
- 29 - 14 days before arrival: 10% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 13 - 7 days before arrival: 40% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 6 days before arrival: 100 % of the tour cost is forfeited.
- No show: 100% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- Infant under 2-years-old free of charge land tour and 25% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult without extra bed charge 50% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult with bed charge 80% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Upon 12-years-old - 100% charge of tour cost.