- Country: Cambodia
- Your Guide: English Speaking
- Travel Style: Cultural & Classic
- Tour Type: Private Tour Package
- Start: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Finish: Siem Reap, Cambodia
You will visit
Welcome to Siem Reap, pick up and transfer to the centre. After a short break, drive to southern down of Siem Reap around 15 km from Siem Reap for an excursion to the floating village on the Tonle Sap lake, the “Great lake” of Cambodia. With traditional wooden boat, you pass by floating villages with friendly children in small boats and fishermen at work. The village moves with the water level and during wet season houses are anchored around an island pagoda. On way back to Siem Reap, you will visit the Institute for Khmer Traditional Textiles. Enjoy a welcome dinner with Apsara dance at the local restaurant.
This morning you visit the ancient Khmer civilization site of Hariharalaya which flourished in the late 9th and early 10th centuries. These are the earliest temples in the Angkor area and are referred to the Rolous group (Lo Lei, Preah Koh, and Bakhong Temples). You will continue to drive to the rural outskirt 35km from Angkor area to visit the smallest, but magnificent, Banteay Srei built in the 10th Century and dedicated to Shiva. The temple was the birthplace of Khmer classical style architecture and the bas-relief work is the best example of Khmer classical art remaining. The pink sandstone structure bears a series of striking and beautiful sculptures, lintels, pediments and friezes. Khmers say the temple must have been carved by women for the details are too fine for the hands of a man. On the way back to Siem Reap you will visit the Banteay Samre Temple adorned with impressive reliefs depicting scenes of Vishnu as well as Krishna legends.
Early morning, enjoy the Tuk Tuk to the jungle-covered temple of Ta Phrom - that had nearly disappeared into the jungle and remains overgrown, an oddly haunting and exotic scene. The magnificent roots of a tree, pushing between the huge stone blocks of the temple in a sort of embrace, evoke feelings that you may remember forever. Come back to hotel for breakfast before a full Angkor temple tour. Start with Angkor Thom, the South Gate of Angkor Thom, Bayon Temple, built from the late 12th century to the early 13th century by King Jayavarman VII and consists of 54 towers, the Royal Enclosure, the Phimeanakas, the Elephants Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King. In the afternoon, spend your time for Angkor Wat, the largest temples in world and covers an area of 200 hectares and surrounded by moat and an exterior wall measuring 1300 meters x 1500 meters.
Today you drive to the most remote and ruin temples of Boeng Mealea which is a temple located 60 km east of the main group of temples at Angkor Wat and built during the reign of King Suryavarman II in the early 12th century. Its primary material is sandstone and it is surrounded by moats. The basic layout is three enclosing galleries around a central sanctuary. There is extensive carving of scenes from Hindu mythology, including the Churning of the Sea of Milk and Vishnu being borne by the bird god Garuda. Causeways have long balustrades formed by bodies of the seven-headed Naga serpent. Smaller in size than Angkor Wat, the king’s main monument, Boeng Mealea nonetheless ranks among the Khmer empire’s larger temples. Continue to Peurng Kumnou carving on the foot of Kulen Mountain and then lunch box will provide in the deep jungle, return to Siem Reap in the late afternoon.
Check out the hotel and then spend your time to visit old Market called "Psha Chass" and Santeurs D' Angkor workshop. You have chance to see the process of producing natural soaps made from coconut oil, moisturizing creams and subtly-scented balms and candles. After that, transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
- Accommodation based on twin/double sharing with daily breakfast (3* hotel category).
- Experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with AC.
- Speed boat Siem Reap - Battambang.
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Lunches and dinners as indicated in the itinerary.
- Taxes and services charges.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Visa stamping fee.
- Early check in and late check out.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
The tour rate is based on twin/double sharing rooms at 3* hotel category. We can customize this tour according to your request. Our travel consultant will contact you within 12 hours with a tailor-made itinerary and price.
A minimum deposit of 30% of the full amount is required to confirm your booking. The balance will be settled before or upon arrival.
Clothing & Packing Tips
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- Waterproof shoes or sandals, a swimsuit, sunscreen, and insect repellent are recommended for outdoor activities.
- It is preferable not to visit temples or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
- Free Wi-Fi is available in most hotels.
- You can buy 4G data simcard at the airport, the price is very low.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
- You will use the Vietnamese dong in Vietnam, Cambodian riel (or U.S. dollars) in Cambodia, and the Kip(Lak) in Laos.
- In Cambodia, U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, though change may be given in riel. Most hotels, restaurants, shops, taxis, buses, and airlines list their prices in U.S. dollars, but small transactions (less than a dollar) are usually conducted in riel. Always carry small amounts of riel for motorcycle taxis, snacks, and other small purchases.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, although it’s worth ordering some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your tour guide and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $10USD to $15USD per day for your tour guide and the equivalent of $5USD to $10USD per day for your driver.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
If you have any specific food requirement (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.) please inform us in advance, we will provide notices to our restaurants, tour guides and partners so they would be able to serve you the best.
We apply non refundable deposit of 10 USD for hotel, air ticket booking, 100 USD/per person for tour package upon service confirmation. Cancellations will be charged as following:
- 30 days before arrival: No cancellation charge.
- 29 - 14 days before arrival: 10% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 13 - 7 days before arrival: 40% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 6 days before arrival: 100 % of the tour cost is forfeited.
- No show: 100% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- Infant under 2-years-old free of charge land tour and 25% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult without extra bed charge 50% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult with bed charge 80% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Upon 12-years-old - 100% charge of tour cost.