Cambodia Holiday With Koh Rong Island - 10 Days
- Country: Cambodia
- Your Guide: English Speaking
- Travel Style: Cultural & Classic
- Tour Type: Private Tour
- Start: Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Finish: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
You will visit
Welcome to Cambodia! Upon your arrival in Siem Reap, you will be greeted by the tour guide and escort you to your hotel, where you will have time to settle in and relax. In the evening, enjoy welcome dinner at the local restaurant with Apsara dance show.
Today, you have a full day to discover Angkor Complex. Start the trip in the morning with Angkor Thom complex. You visit the South Gate (with its huge statues depicting the churning of the ocean of milk), the ancient capital of Angkor Thom (12th century), Bayon Temple (unique for its 54 towers decorated with over 200 smiling faces of Avolokitesvara), the Royal Enclosure, Phimeanakas, the Elephants Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King.
In the afternoon, visit Ta Prohm Temple, originally called Rajavihara. Unlike most Angkorian temples, Ta Prohm has been left in much the same condition in which it was found. The photogenic and atmospheric combination of trees growing out of the ruins and the jungle surrounding have made it one of Angkor's most popular temple, created in 1186 AD by King Jayavarman VII. After shooting the film there, the name now called Lara craft or Tomb Raider, Then visit Angkor Wat, the most disinterested, the most perfect Khmer temple. Its distinctive five towers are celebrated on the Cambodian flag and the 12th century masterpiece is considered by art historians to be the prime example of classical Khmer art and architecture. Angkor Wat's five towers symbolize Meru's five peaks - the enclosing wall represents the mountains at the edge of the world and the surrounding moat, the ocean beyond. Overnight in Siem Reap.
Today you will have the new experience to ride the Ox cart from the village to Bakong School, where you will see very nice view of the rice field paddy at the local village. After that, drive about 15 km to the southeast of Siem Reap city to Rolous group. It is a group of monuments representing the remains of Hariharalaya - the first major capital of the Angkor era, Khmer Empire and the Preah Ko. It dedicates to the ancestor for predecessor Bakong, mountain temple of Capital, Hariharalaya and the Lolei temple set in the middle of reservoir or Baray Indratataka (about 3 km length by 800 m width).
In the afternoon, visit Banteay Srey "The Citadel of women". On the way, you have chance to stop to see the local procession of boiling the fresh Sugar Palm Juice. Contiune the tour to Banteay Samre temples - built in the third quarter of the 12th century. It consists of a central temple with four wings preceded by a hall and accompanied by two libraries, the southern example remarkably well preserved. Two concentric walls enclose the ensemble.
Today, you have chance to visit the community of fishery village, southern downtown of Siem reap (15 km from Siem Reap). It's time to take an excursion in a traditional wooden boat to Tonle Sap Lake, the "Great Lake" of Cambodia (one of the wonders of Asia), and go through each floating villages, and ready to shoot the picture of the floating grocery store, or barber store , battery recharge station. Before reaching inside the community and you will meet floating vendors store with many small gear boat following the tourist boat for catch up the business by selling cold beer or cold water. After that, visit Les Artisant D’ Angkor, it produced more opportunities to young people in their native villages and provide them with a vocation and a role in society. You will visit the artisans and their craft, the training skills and professional workshops, and their collection from traditional lines to very latest designs connecting Khmer traditions to improvement. You also visit the old market called “ Phsa Chass “ before coming back to your hotel.
Enjoy breakfast at the hotel and then transfer to the airport for flight to Sihanouk. Upon arrival, you will take joining boat to Koh Rong. Arrive in Koh Rong, check in and free time.
You have free time in Koh Rong today.
Today, you transfer by boat from Koh Rong to Sihanouk Ville Port and transfer by car to Phnom Penh. Arrive in Phnom Penh and transfer to check in hotel in Phnom Penh.
Today, you visit the Royal Palace, built by King Norodom in 1866 on the site of the old town, and the Silver Pagoda. Located within the grounds of the Royal Palace, the Silver Pagoda is so named because of its floor, which is made up of 5000 silver tiles. The resources found inside include a solid gold Buddha covered and weighting 90 kilograms and a small 17th century emerald and baccarat crystal Buddha.
In the afternoon, visit Notorious Tuol Sleng Museum. In 1975 Tuol Svay Prey High School was taken over by Pol Pot's security forces and turned into a prison known as Security Prison 21 (S-21). Then Wat Phnom (Central of the City), a treasured place of respect for all Cambodian and is the namesake of the capital. The original pagoda was built in 1373 with four Buddha statues said to have been deposited by the Mekong River. You also visit Russian Market called "Psha Toul Tom Poung" before coming back to your hotel. Overnight in Phnom Penh.
You have free time until be transferred to the airport for your departure flight. End of the tour. Thank you for using our service.
- Accommodation based on twin/double sharing with daily breakfast (3* hotel category).
- Experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with AC.
- Flight tickets Siem Reap - Sihanouk Ville.
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Lunches and dinners as indicated in the itinerary.
- Taxes and services charges.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Visa stamping fee.
- Early check in and late check out.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
The tour rate is based on twin/double sharing rooms at 3* hotel category. We can customize this tour according to your request. Our travel consultant will contact you within 12 hours with a tailor-made itinerary and price.
A minimum deposit of 30% of the full amount is required to confirm your booking. The balance will be settled before or upon arrival.
Clothing & Packing Tips
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- Waterproof shoes or sandals, a swimsuit, sunscreen, and insect repellent are recommended for outdoor activities.
- It is preferable not to visit temples or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
- Free Wi-Fi is available in most hotels.
- You can buy 4G data simcard at the airport, the price is very low.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
- You will use the Vietnamese dong in Vietnam, Cambodian riel (or U.S. dollars) in Cambodia, and the Kip(Lak) in Laos.
- In Cambodia, U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, though change may be given in riel. Most hotels, restaurants, shops, taxis, buses, and airlines list their prices in U.S. dollars, but small transactions (less than a dollar) are usually conducted in riel. Always carry small amounts of riel for motorcycle taxis, snacks, and other small purchases.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, although it’s worth ordering some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your tour guide and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $10USD to $15USD per day for your tour guide and the equivalent of $5USD to $10USD per day for your driver.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
If you have any specific food requirement (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.) please inform us in advance, we will provide notices to our restaurants, tour guides and partners so they would be able to serve you the best.
We apply non refundable deposit of 10 USD for hotel, air ticket booking, 100 USD/per person for tour package upon service confirmation. Cancellations will be charged as following:
- 30 days before arrival: No cancellation charge.
- 29 - 14 days before arrival: 10% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 13 - 7 days before arrival: 40% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 6 days before arrival: 100 % of the tour cost is forfeited.
- No show: 100% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- Infant under 2-years-old free of charge land tour and 25% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult without extra bed charge 50% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult with bed charge 80% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Upon 12-years-old - 100% charge of tour cost.