- Country: Myanmar
- Your Guide: English Speaking
- Travel Style: Cultural & Classic
- Tour Type: Private Tour Package
- Start: Yangon, Myanmar
- Finish: Yangon, Myanmar
You will visit
Upon arrival in Yangon Airport, our guide and driver will pick you up to start to explore the city with visiting Kyaukhtatgyi Pagoda. Continue travelling downtown, where you will have a chance to explore the local life of Burmese in China Town. During heading to China Town (or 19th Street), you are free to take some amazing photos of a nearby temple with hundreds of images depicting mythological scenes.
After that, we take a walk around the BogyokeAung San Market (Scotts Market) - located in the heart of city. The BogyokeAung San Market is the most popular market and a great tourist destination in Yangon. It is one of the precious colonial buildings you can find in this city.
We continue heading to the Central Yangon Railway Station, where we will catch the circular train. During 28-mile transfer by the train, we will traverse through towns, suburban areas and 39 stations. Yangon circular train is the best local way to discover Yangon.
You will see a real cross-section of Yangon and the colorful urban lifestyle of the Burmese people in the area. Stop en route at Da Nyin Gone Station where we connect the trip to a lively local market. We have around 45 minutes strolling around this place as well as meeting and observing the authentic life in Yangon.
Next, visit the Shwedagon Temple, the most spiritual pagoda for the Burmese, to contemplate the golden sunset.
Overnight at hotel in Yangon.
After breakfast, around 8.30 am, a local guide will pick you up at your hotel and take you to Bago, a 2-hour drive. Thanks to good Bago weather, our journey will be ideal for sightseeing and along the route, don’t hesitate to ask your tour guide all of what you want to know about Yangon City and Bago.
Arriving in Bago, we begin the exploration to some highlights of Bago like Buddha’s teachings with the monks of Kyakhatwaing first. Then we continue the visit to the well-known Shwemawdaw Pagoda, the highest pagoda in Myanmar.
After that, we should not miss the chance to visit the historic palace site of Kanbawzathadi Palace before discovering Shwethalyaung Reclining Buddha.
Following a short rest is a nice visit to Kyaikpun Pagoda, the home of 4 huge Buddha Images facing the cardinal points. Learn about pottery produce at a Pottery Workshop. They are what will make your Yangon travel become more interesting.
On the way drive back to Yangon, we will take time visiting Taukkyan War Cemetery, which is now rest place for allied soldiers from the British Commonwealth who died in battle in Myanmar during Second World War. Round off the day with the last route back to your hotel in Yangon at 17.00pm.
This morning, at 8.30AM, you are picked up by our guide at your hotel and drive to Twante: (46 km, approxi: 1 ½ Hr-drive) through Hlaingtharyar -Twante road.
Enjoy the country-side scenery. Upon arrival to Twante visit Twante Jetty, local market and observe Pottery works in Oh-bo Quarter. Later on proceed to Weaving looms in Shan-Su Quarter to observe traditional hand-loom weaving. Visit ShweSandaw Pagoda. Drive back to Yangon hotel in the afternoon.
After your breakfast, at 8.30AM, we will depart from your hotel to Thanlyin. What to see in Yangon today is very different from ordinary programs. Driving out of Yangon through beautiful sceneries, we will reach Thanlyin soon. Thanlyin is a town associated with historic event in 19th century of this country.
Continue the trip to the opposite of Yangon River after crossing Thanlyin Bridge, the Myanmar’s longest bridge and we will visit Thanlyin market. Along the route, stop by Kyikekhauk pagoda which is considered as the highest golden stupa in Thanlyin. Following is a nice boat trip to Yele Pagoda located on a small island.
On the way back to Yangon, the sunset landscape is fantastic to round off the trip. We will transfer back to Yangon Airport for international flight.
End of services!
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Private tours and all services as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with air-conditioning.
- Boat to Yele.
- Local English speaking guide.
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited.
- International flights.
- Other meals which do not mention in the itinerary.
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.).
- Tipping for guides and drivers.
- Compulsory personal travel insurance.
- Myanmar Visa fees.
The tour rate is based on twin/double sharing rooms at 3* hotel category. We can customize this tour according to your request. Our travel consultant will contact you within 12 hours with a tailor-made itinerary and price.
A minimum deposit of 30% of the full amount is required to confirm your booking. The balance will be settled before or upon arrival.
Clothing & Packing Tips
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- Waterproof shoes or sandals, a swimsuit, sunscreen, and insect repellent are recommended for outdoor activities.
- It is preferable not to visit temples or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
- Free Wi-Fi is available in most hotels.
- You can buy 4G data simcard at the airport, the price is very low.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
- You will use the Vietnamese dong in Vietnam, Cambodian riel (or U.S. dollars) in Cambodia, and the Kip(Lak) in Laos.
- In Cambodia, U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, though change may be given in riel. Most hotels, restaurants, shops, taxis, buses, and airlines list their prices in U.S. dollars, but small transactions (less than a dollar) are usually conducted in riel. Always carry small amounts of riel for motorcycle taxis, snacks, and other small purchases.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, although it’s worth ordering some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your tour guide and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $10USD to $15USD per day for your tour guide and the equivalent of $5USD to $10USD per day for your driver.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
If you have any specific food requirement (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.) please inform us in advance, we will provide notices to our restaurants, tour guides and partners so they would be able to serve you the best.
We apply non refundable deposit of 10 USD for hotel, air ticket booking, 100 USD/per person for tour package upon service confirmation. Cancellations will be charged as following:
- 30 days before arrival: No cancellation charge.
- 29 - 14 days before arrival: 10% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 13 - 7 days before arrival: 40% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 6 days before arrival: 100 % of the tour cost is forfeited.
- No show: 100% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- Infant under 2-years-old free of charge land tour and 25% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult without extra bed charge 50% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult with bed charge 80% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Upon 12-years-old - 100% charge of tour cost.