Yangon - Thanlyin - Dala Excursion - 3 days
- Country: Myanmar
- Your guide: English speaking
- Travel style: Cultural & Classic
- Tour type: Private tour
- Start: Yangon, Myanmar
- Finish: Yangon, Myanmar
You will visit
Mingalabar and welcome to Myanmar! Upon arrival at the airport you will be warmly welcomed by your guide who will take you to your hotel for check in (note: check in time is 14.00. Early check in is subject to availability).
Drive to the chaotic Indian quarter, Shri Satyanarayan Temple. Visit the Shwe Bon Tha Street with others Hindu temples, also known as the center of Indian activity in Yangon. You can see the daily lives of the Hindu community here.
No Myanmar expedition can be considered truly great if it’s lacking a visit to the legendary Shwedagon Pagoda. Ready for an amazing experience? The visual delights present there alone, are worth the trip. Witness the colors transform on the 100-meter chedi which is literally enclosed in over 40 tons of gold leaf. You will start at the eastern staircase where you will find a row of shops at the base of the temple selling various religious items. Here you will find monks robes, alms bowls, offerings, incense and other unique Buddhist objects. As your browse the stalls your guide will explain the use and rituals of Myanmar’s Buddhist people. Shwedagon is largely considered to be the most important religious site for the Burmese; most visitors report that the trip is extremely memorable and still etched into their minds.
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon
Thanlyin (aka Syriam) was once a trade haven during the late 16th century and early 17th century for the infamous Portuguese explorer Philip De Brito; and its garish atmosphere offers numerous activities. The aged structures stand as confirmation of the previous Portuguese occupation. There is even a 270 meter long bridge straddling the Bago River that is accessible via a 45 minute drive from Yangon. Start after breakfast with short journey to Thanlyin (app. 30-40 minutes) and visit Thanlyin market, where an excellent selection of fresh fruits and vegetables fill the stalls.
The colors, sounds, and smell of this market will excite your senses. Carry on to Kyaik Khauk Pagoda which is positioned on the top of the hill and is also discernible for miles around. With just a short 30 minute drive from Thanlyin, you will arrive at to Kyauk Tan, the seat of the celebrated Yele Pagoda which rests in the middle of the Hlaing River. You can only get here by boat; the Yele Pagoda is a serene sanctuary, where many guests buy popcorn previous to their 3 minute boat journey from the shoreline to the Pagoda. Feel free to feed the fish surrounding this holy place of worship.
Finally, we will transfer back to your hotel.
Accommodation: Hotel in Yangon
Meal: Breakfast at hotel
From your hotel it’s off to the Pansodan Jetty to get on a local, two-deck ferry in order to cross the Yangon River to Dhala, a charming low-lying township. Since Dhala does not have a direct bridge to Yangon, the ferry is the main mode of commuting and thus the area around the jetty- and the boat itself!- is an extremely vibrant market where many locals come to do their trading and sell snacks and other items to the ferry passengers.
Upon disembark the boat in Dhala you will travel by trishaw throughout the town, which includes a visit to the colourful local market, Buddhist temples and rural neighbourhoods with plenty of opportunities to interact with the local residents. This trip is an absolute pleasure for people that like to take lots of photos, it is chock-full of beautiful scenery and amazing splendour. Have a drink on the terrace of the local tea shop at the jetty and watch the action while you take in the historical skyline of Yangon which has not changed in decades. Return to Yangon by boat around midday.
In the afternoon, you will transfer back to Yangon Airport for international flight.
Meal: Breakfast at hotel
End of services!
- Accommodation with daily breakfast at selected hotels.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Private tours and all services as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with air-conditioning.
- Ferry to Dala.
- Boat to Yele.
- Local English speaking guide in Yangon.
- Entrance fees for all mentioned sights visited.
- Water and cold towel on sightseeing.
- International / domestic flights.
- Other meals which do not mention in the itinerary.
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels.
- Personal expenses (such as laundry, telephone, drinks, etc.).
- Compulsory Christmas & New Year Eve Dinner at hotel if require.
- Tipping for guides and drivers.
- Compulsory personal travel insurance.
- Myanmar Visa fees.
The tour rate is based on twin/double sharing rooms at 3* hotel category. The price will vary slightly depending on the number of people in your group. For an accurate tour price, please click the "INQUIRE NOW" button to discuss with our sales consultant.
A minimum deposit of 30% of the full amount is required to confirm your booking. The balance will be settled before or upon arrival.
If you have any specific food requirement (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.) please inform us in advance, we will provide notices to our restaurants, tour guides and partners so they would be able to serve you the best.
We apply non refundable deposit of 10 USD for hotel, air ticket booking, 100 USD/per person for tour package upon service confirmation. Cancellations will be charged as following:
- 30 days before arrival: No cancellation charge.
- 29 - 14 days before arrival: 10% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 13 - 7 days before arrival: 40% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 6 days before arrival: 100 % of the tour cost is forfeited.
- No show: 100% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- Infant under 2-years-old free of charge land tour and 25% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult without extra bed charge 50% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult with bed charge 80% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Upon 12-years-old - 100% charge of tour cost.