Southern Flavor - 5 days
- Country: Vietnam
- Your guide: English speaking
- Travel style: Culinary
- Tour type: Private tour
- Start: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
- Finish: Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
You will visit
Warmly welcome in Saigon - the great city to discover Vietnam southern cuisine. After a short break, you will visit the local markets (Ben Thanh market and Cho Lon) to discover the fruitful ingredients and fresh fruit in Saigon. Explore the street food here with special dish likes Saigon sandwich, kinds of noodle (Hu Tieu, Bun Thit Nuong…). In the evening, enjoy a Vietnamese dinner at the local restaurant.
Saigon is typical for Southern cuisine with a lot of spicy dishes. Join in a cooking class Saigon Cookery Centre to discover this character.
This morning, start with market tour with your tour guide and chef. The chef will guide you through the colorful and vibrant Ben Thanh market to purchase necessary ingredients for your cooking lesson. Feel free to ask any questions you want! Back to the kitchen and start hands on cooking class at round 10.00 am. For a warm and fun ambiance, participants cook all together with the Chef but everyone has their own material and ingredients for a better understanding of cooking techniques. You will use Vietnamese kitchenware to realize and enjoy a tasty 3 courses meal.
In the afternoon, enjoy ha half day city tour including interesting places such as The Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office, Remnant War Museum.
Depart Saigon for Ben Tre, the gateway to the Mekong delta. Upon arrival, get a boat trip round Ben Tre river, explore the waterways and stop off at some home factories to see how the local make brick, salt, coconut, mat. Take to motor cart (xe loi) passing through rice fields, fruit and vegetable farms. Stop at one of local family to enjoy the lunch with Mekong specialties. In the afternoon, take a rowing boat a long water palm creek. Continue to Vinh Long for homestay - a unique opportunity to experience the local culture and cuisine. Prepare the dinner with the host to understand more about the traditional southern cuisine.
Preparing the breakfast with the host and then taking a rowing-sampan through An Binh island to Mr. Cai Cuong’s former landlord house. Taste the fresh fruits of the Delta and visit the local pop rice, rice paper workshops. Continue boating to Cai Be floating market, a very colorful picture of hundreds boats exchanging local products. Come back to Saigon in the afternoon. Check in hotel and free time.
Free at leisure until you are transferred to the airport for the departure flight. Cảm ơn và chào tạm biệt.
- Accommodation based on twin/double sharing with daily breakfast.
- Experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with AC.
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Lunches and dinners as indicated in the itinerary.
- Taxes and services charges.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Visa stamping fee.
- Early check in and late check out.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
The tour rate is based on twin/double sharing rooms at 3* hotel category. The price will vary slightly depending on the number of people in your group. For an accurate tour price, please click the "INQUIRE NOW" button to discuss with our sales consultant.
A minimum deposit of 30% of the full amount is required to confirm your booking. The balance will be settled before or upon arrival.
If you have any specific food requirement (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.) please inform us in advance, we will provide notices to our restaurants, tour guides and partners so they would be able to serve you the best.
We apply non refundable deposit of 10 USD for hotel, air ticket booking, 100 USD/per person for tour package upon service confirmation. Cancellations will be charged as following:
- 30 days before arrival: No cancellation charge.
- 29 - 14 days before arrival: 10% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 13 - 7 days before arrival: 40% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 6 days before arrival: 100 % of the tour cost is forfeited.
- No show: 100% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- Infant under 2-years-old free of charge land tour and 25% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult without extra bed charge 50% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult with bed charge 80% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Upon 12-years-old - 100% charge of tour cost.