- Country: Vietnam
- Your Guide: English Speaking
- Travel Style: Adventure
- Tour Type: Private Tour
- Start: Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- Finish: Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
You will visit
8.00 AM: depart from your hotel and then transfer to Cai Be town. On arrival, board your boat to discover the Delta’s waterways. Start your journey by passing by Cai Be’s floating market, cruising among local barges with full of fruits and vegetables… The cruise will then bring you to some local home factories to discover traditional rice paste making, rice popcorn, coconut candies… Enjoy Vietnamese luch at the local family.
After lunch, start your biking trip around An Binh island through fruit garden, along canal. On the way, stop at local houses to enjoy seasonal fruits, see bees - breeding in wooden boxes at a local farm, villages. Dinner and overnight at homestay.
Enjoy breakfast at your homestay and leave for Tra Vinh. Crossing river and ride on trails through fruits gardens alongside Mekong River of An Binh Island to Cho Lanh. Then keep biking to CaiMon which very well-know with nursery garden, ornamental and bonsai trees. Witness the colorful life along the riverside and stop to chat with the friendly villagers. Have lunch at local's. After lunch, continue cycling to countryside of Mo Cay. Cross the narrow canals on traditional sampan to Co Chien River. Ride the final few kilometers to Tra Vinh - one of the prettiest towns in the Mekong Delta. Free time to explore the city and overnight at local hotel.
Tra Vinh has a large ethnic Khmer population and the area immediately around the market feels (and looks) particularly Khmer - first impressions brought Tachmau or Takeo to mind. This Khmer influence is more obviously seen in the pagoda's that litter both the town and the province. Start your day by cycling to explore the Khmer culture and architecture. The road is peaceful, narrow and very pretty all the way to Can tho. Stop and visit Ba Om Pond - an attraction of Tra Vinh. It is surrounded by hillocks and many old sao and dau trees with odd shape of roots. In the afternoon, flocks of birds perch on the trees and make this area exciting and noisy. In the late afternoon, arrive in Can Tho - the Mekong's largest town, situated at the confluence of the Can Tho and Hau Giang rivers. Check in hotel and free time.
Wake up in early morning to take the boat trip to Cai Rang Floating Market - one of the most bustling floating markets in Mekong Delta with hundreds of small boats barging. The trading way is unique; each boat usually sells one particular item, whether it is pumpkin, pineapple, sugar cane. Disembark for a short bike ride to villages of Phong Dien suburb, visit ancient house of Binh Thuy, enjoy delicious lunch before driving back to Saigon.
- Accommodation at basic homestay, hotel based on double/twin sharing.
- Vietnam visa approval letter.
- Experienced English-speaking guides.
- Private support van.
- Mountain bike.
- Boat trips.
- Cold bottle of water during biking time.
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Breakfast, Lunches and Dinners as indicated in the itinerary.
- Taxes and services charges.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Visa stamping fee.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
- The tour rate is based on twin/double sharing rooms at 3* hotel category.
- We can customize this tour according to your request. Our travel
consultant will contact you within 12 hours with a tailor-made itinerary
DepositA minimum deposit of 30% of the full amount is required to confirm your booking. The balance will be settled before or upon arrival.
CancellationWe apply non refundable deposit of 10 USD for hotel, air ticket booking, 100 USD/per person for tour package upon service confirmation. Cancellations will be charged as following:
- 30 days before arrival: No cancellation charge.
- 29 - 14 days before arrival: 10% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 13 - 7 days before arrival: 40% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 6 days before arrival: 100 % of the tour cost is forfeited.
- No show: 100% of the tour cost is forfeited.