- Country: Vietnam
- Your Guide: English Speaking
- Travel Style: Cultural & Classic
- Tour Type: Private Tour
- Start: Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- Finish: Hanoi, Vietnam
You will visit
Warmly welcome in Saigon - the great city to discover Vietnam southern cuisine. After a short break, you will visit the local markets (Ben Thanh market and Cho Lon) to discover the fruitful ingredients and fresh fruit in Saigon. Explore the street food here with special dish likes Saigon sandwich, kinds of noodle (Hu Tieu, Bun Thit Nuong…). In the evening, enjoy a Vietnamese dinner at the local restaurant.
Saigon is typical for Southern cuisine with a lot of spicy dishes. Join
in Ho Chi Minh Cooking Class to discover this character. Upon arrival,
you will visit the agricultural villages including: Chinese medicine
garden with many kind of herb, rice field, cattle farm (cow, buffalo,
duck, chicken, pig…). Become a real Vietnamese farmer to pick up all the
ingredient for cooking. Under the chef’s guidance, you will have chance
to cook three dishes and 1 dessert and enjoy what you have done.
After lunch at the cooking class, you will visit the famous Cu Chi tunnels, an incredible underground tunnel network constructed by Vietnamese resistance fighters during the long struggle for independence.
The network included innumerable trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers and kitchens.
Come back to Saigon in the late afternoon.
Depart Saigon for Ben Tre, the gateway to the Mekong delta. Upon arrival, get a boat trip round Ben Tre river, explore the waterways and stop off at some home factories to see how the local make brick, salt, coconut, mat. Take to motor cart (xe loi) passing through rice fields, fruit and vegetable farms. Stop at one of local family to enjoy the lunch with Mekong specialties. In the afternoon, take a rowing boat a long water palm creek. Continue to Vinh Long for homestay - a unique opportunity to experience the local culture and cuisine. Prepare the dinner with the host to understand more about the traditional southern cuisine.
Start your morning with Cai Be floating market, cruising among local barges with full of fruits and vegetables… After that, come back Saigon for your flight to Danang. Upon arrival in Danang, the tour guide will pick you up and transfer to Hoi An. You will have time to discover street food in Hoi An. Check in hotel and free time.
Today, you will have the experience of working and living with the local
farmer in Tra Que village - one of famous vegetable village in Hoi An.
You will cycle to the village with your guide.
A short stroll will take you around the vegetable garden and then you can join the farmers in preparing the land and fertilizing it with seaweed from the local lake. Following steps are raking the ground, sowing, watering, picking vegetables and many other gardening activities. After all these activities, you will take a short rest and enjoy foot bath before getting to preparing lunch with a local family. Your lunch will consist of many local delicacies including ‘Tam Huu” spring roll, Banh xeo or local pancake of people in Vietnam middle region. You can join the cooking with the chef on these meals. After your morning excursions and your lunch, you will take a Vietnamese traditional post-prandial nap before learning how to harvest and wrap the vegetables.
Around 14.00: bid farewell to your host family before riding back to your hotel.
Today is your free time in Hoi An. You might like to consider the following activities for your day:
Visit Hoi An Old Quarter with ancient households, and touches of Japanese, Chinese and Thai styles in the building designs. Historic sites of Phuc Kien Communal House, Tan Ky ancient commercial house, the iconic Japanese Bridge (featured on the 20,000 Vietnam Dong note) or Phung Hung Ancient Trading House.
Take a bike tour or leisurely stroll along Cua Dai beach, located about 5km from the town centre.
This morning, you leave Hoi An for Hue. On the way, you will have chance
to the fascinating Cham Museum and Marble Mountain en route to charming
Hoi An. Upon arrival, you will visit the Citadel and the Forbidden
Purple City. You also visit Minh Mang tomb and Thien Mu pagoda. You also
to visit one garden house - the unique feature of Hue. The houses are
traditional, privately owned, and set in attractive formal gardens. You
can feel the Hue traditional architecture associated with the natural
environment. Enjoy the dinner at garden house to explore the center
Reflect the imperial root, Hue cuisine is the sophisticated cooking techniques and the artful presentation. Join in cooking class at Y Thao Garden House to learn the typical Hue cuisine.
In the morning, you follow Ms. Vy - the chef of Y Thao Garden House to Dong Ba market, the most hustling market in Hue. She will give you an instruction on how to choose food for the cooking class. She also includes at least one of the Hue “Royal” dishes in the menu. Enjoy the food you prepare there.
After that you will go to the airport for the flight to Hanoi. Upon arrival in Hanoi, pick up and transfer to your hotel. You have time to have a walking tour in the old quarter of Hanoi. You can try to drink local brew “Bia Hoi” or enjoy street food.
Today you will go to Halong bay - the UNESCO World Heritage. The driver
pick you up at 8 am. After about 3.5 driving hours, you will arrive in
Halong bay. Board a traditional junk for an overnight cruise. Halong Bay
is widely considered to be one of the natural wonders of the world.
Thousands of towering pillars of sea and wind-carved limestone karst
make the bay an unforgettable sight. After lunch, explore some of the
huge limestone caves dotted around the bay and visit a floating fishing
village. Then the captain will find a secluded spot where you can swim,
soak up the sun on the top deck, or try your hand at kayaking. In the
evening enjoy a seafood feast for dinner.
Enjoy an early morning swim (during the summer), followed by breakfast as you cruise through more spectacular scenery. The cruise arrives at the harbor by noon. The driver will pick you up and then transfer back Hanoi. Check in hotel and free time.
Enjoy the last cooking class in the tour to complete the picture of Vietnamese cuisine. The northern cuisine is very different to other regions with fewer spices and sweetness. It helps to characterize this cuisine almost as much as fish sauces. In this class, the chef will show you about the difference with some old Hanoian favorites and some lesser known dishes from the highlands. After finishing all dishes, enjoy the meal with the food you have made and more!
In the afternoon, you will visit some highlights of Hanoi such as Temple of Literature - the first university in Vietnam, Vietnamese Women’s Museum that offers a broad insight to 54 ethnic groups through a lens of women’s topics. In the later afternoon, enjoy water puppet show.
Free at leisure until you are transferred to the airport for the departure flight. Cảm ơn và chào tạm biệt.
- Accommodation based on twin/double sharing with daily breakfast (3* hotel category).
- Vietnam visa approval letter.
- Experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with AC.
- Flight tickets Saigon - Danang, Hue - Hanoi with Vietnam Airlines.
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Lunches and dinners as indicated in the itinerary.
- Taxes and services charges.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Visa stamping fee.
- Early check in and late check out.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
The tour rate is based on twin/double sharing rooms at 3* hotel category. We can customize this tour according to your request. Our travel consultant will contact you within 12 hours with a tailor-made itinerary and price.
A minimum deposit of 30% of the full amount is required to confirm your booking. The balance will be settled before or upon arrival.
Clothing & Packing Tips
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- Waterproof shoes or sandals, a swimsuit, sunscreen, and insect repellent are recommended for outdoor activities.
- It is preferable not to visit temples or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
- Free Wi-Fi is available in most hotels.
- You can buy 4G data simcard at the airport, the price is very low.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
- You will use the Vietnamese dong in Vietnam, Cambodian riel (or U.S. dollars) in Cambodia, and the Kip(Lak) in Laos.
- In Cambodia, U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, though change may be given in riel. Most hotels, restaurants, shops, taxis, buses, and airlines list their prices in U.S. dollars, but small transactions (less than a dollar) are usually conducted in riel. Always carry small amounts of riel for motorcycle taxis, snacks, and other small purchases.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, although it’s worth ordering some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your tour guide and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $10USD to $15USD per day for your tour guide and the equivalent of $5USD to $10USD per day for your driver.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
If you have any specific food requirement (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.) please inform us in advance, we will provide notices to our restaurants, tour guides and partners so they would be able to serve you the best.
We apply non refundable deposit of 10 USD for hotel, air ticket booking, 100 USD/per person for tour package upon service confirmation. Cancellations will be charged as following:
- 30 days before arrival: No cancellation charge.
- 29 - 14 days before arrival: 10% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 13 - 7 days before arrival: 40% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 6 days before arrival: 100 % of the tour cost is forfeited.
- No show: 100% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- Infant under 2-years-old free of charge land tour and 25% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult without extra bed charge 50% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult with bed charge 80% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Upon 12-years-old - 100% charge of tour cost.