Vietnam Highlights - 8 Days
This journey is inspired by the many sights, sounds and flavors of Vietnam. It takes you on a journey from South to North, not only visiting the fantastic sights and attractions, but also getting to know the country and its amazing people in Mekong delta, Tra Que village…We want to offer you a real slice of Vietnamese life.
- A pleasant journey to explore key destinations of Vietnam.
- Visit the historical sites in Ho Chi Minh City and go shopping at Ben Thanh maket.
- Take a chance to visit wonderful fruit gardens in Mekong Delta.
- Freely wander in the narrow colorful streets of Hoi An Ancient Town.
- Live a daily life of local farmers in Tra Que Village.
- Country: Vietnam
- Your Guide: English Speaking
- Travel Style: Cultural & Classic
- Tour Type: Private Tour
- Start: Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- Finish: Hanoi, Vietnam
You will visit
Welcome to Saigon - Vietnam’s largest and dynamic city. The driver and
tour guide will pick you up and transfer to city centre. After a short
break, admire Saigon’s historic landmarks including the Notre Dame
Cathedral, Central Post Office both designed by French architect Gustav
Eiffel, then onto the former Presidential Palace, headquarters of the
former Saigon Government during the war. End of the day with welcomed
dinner cruise in Saigon river.
Today, you will discover Mekong delta and visit the colorful floating
market – Cai Be. Leave bustling Saigon for the 3 hour drive to the delta
town of Cai Be. On arrival, board your boat for cruise in the Delta’s
Start your journey by passing by Cai Be’s floating market, cruising among local barges with full of fruits and vegetables… The cruise will then bring you to some local home factories to discover traditional rice paste making, rice pop corn, coco candies…
After a delicious lunch at the local ancient house, you will have chance admire the scenery and the daily life of the local villagers by rowboat passing through small sampan. Stops on the way can be made upon request for particular visits or photos marking. The excursion will end at around 3.00 pm. You will return to Saigon in the later afternoon.
Today you catch morning flight to Danang. Meet the tour guide and driver
at Danang airport and then transfer to Hoi An. On the way, visit Cham
museum and Marble Mountain before arriving in Hoi An. Upon arrival, take a
walking tour of the ancient town centre to visit former merchants’
houses, the 400 year-old Japanese Covered Bridge, a Chinese communal
hall and the colorful market.
Today, you will have the experience of working and living with the local
farmer in Tra Que village - one of famous vegetable village in Hoi An.
You will cycle to the village with your guide.
A short stroll will take you around the vegetable garden and then you can join the farmers in preparing the land and fertilizing it with seaweed from the local lake. Following steps are raking the ground, sowing, watering, picking vegetables and many other gardening activities. After all these activities, you will take a short rest and enjoy foot bath before getting to preparing lunch with a local family. Your lunch will consist of many local delicacies including ‘Tam Huu” spring roll, Banh xeo or local pancake of people in Vietnam middle region. You can join the cooking with the chef on these meals. After your morning excursions and your lunch, you will take a Vietnamese traditional post-prandial nap before learning how to harvest and wrap the vegetables.
Around 14.00: bid farewell to your host family before riding back to your hotel.
Fly to charming city of Hanoi. In the afternoon, enjoy a walking tour
through the Old Quarter, Hoan Kiem lake and Ngoc Son temmple; followed
by water puppet show - a unique art which has it origin in the delta of
the Red river in the tenth century.
This morning, you have a half day city tour before driving to Halong
bay. Start with Ho Chi Minh complex (Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum and stilt
house); the Presidential Palace, the nearby One Pillar Pagoda, then
Temple of Literature – for the sons of mandarins, for an overview about
Hanoian culture and ancient Vietnamese architecture After lunch, drive
about 3.5 hours to go to Halong. Check in hotel and free time to explore
In the morning, you will board a private traditional junk boat for a
four hour cruise of this stunning place, stopping along the way to visit
one of the limestone caves in the area. A sumptuous local seafood lunch
will be served when you cruise. After a 4 hour navigation, you will go
back to the harbor for a drive back to your hotel in Hanoi.
You have free time until be transferred to the airport for your
departure flight. End of the tour. Thank you for using our service.
- Accommodation based on twin/double sharing with daily breakfast (3* hotel category).
- Vietnam visa approval letter.
- Experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with AC.
- Flight tickets Saigon - Danang, Danang - Hanoi with Vietnam Airlines.
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Lunches and dinners as indicated in the itinerary.
- Taxes and services charges.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Visa stamping fee.
- Early check in and late check out.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
The tour rate is based on twin/double sharing rooms at 3* hotel category. We can customize this tour according to your request. Our travel consultant will contact you within 12 hours with a tailor-made itinerary and price.
A minimum deposit of 30% of the full amount is required to confirm your booking. The balance will be settled before or upon arrival.
Clothing & Packing Tips
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- Waterproof shoes or sandals, a swimsuit, sunscreen, and insect repellent are recommended for outdoor activities.
- It is preferable not to visit temples or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
- Free Wi-Fi is available in most hotels.
- You can buy 4G data simcard at the airport, the price is very low.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
- You will use the Vietnamese dong in Vietnam, Cambodian riel (or U.S. dollars) in Cambodia, and the Kip(Lak) in Laos.
- In Cambodia, U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, though change may be given in riel. Most hotels, restaurants, shops, taxis, buses, and airlines list their prices in U.S. dollars, but small transactions (less than a dollar) are usually conducted in riel. Always carry small amounts of riel for motorcycle taxis, snacks, and other small purchases.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, although it’s worth ordering some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your tour guide and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $10USD to $15USD per day for your tour guide and the equivalent of $5USD to $10USD per day for your driver.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
If you have any specific food requirement (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.) please inform us in advance, we will provide notices to our restaurants, tour guides and partners so they would be able to serve you the best.
We apply non refundable deposit of 10 USD for hotel, air ticket booking, 100 USD/per person for tour package upon service confirmation. Cancellations will be charged as following:
- 30 days before arrival: No cancellation charge.
- 29 - 14 days before arrival: 10% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 13 - 7 days before arrival: 40% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 6 days before arrival: 100 % of the tour cost is forfeited.
- No show: 100% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- Infant under 2-years-old free of charge land tour and 25% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult without extra bed charge 50% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult with bed charge 80% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Upon 12-years-old - 100% charge of tour cost.