This trip is a great combination between visiting the highlights of the country from North to South like: Hanoi, Halong bay, Hue, Hoi An, Saigon while have great chances to get to know about the daily life of Vietnamese in the rural area such as: Sapa, Mekong Delta...The trip offers us new visions of Vietnam and people.
- Visiting main attractions in Vietnam.
- Awaking your senses by walking around Hanoi's Old Quarter lively streets.
- Trekking in Sapa and meeting ethnic minority people.
- Spending time on a junk in romantic Halong Bay.
- Discovering the road of Heritage sites in Central Vietnam (Hue - Hoi An - My Son holy land).
- Taking in the main highlights of energetic Ho Chi Minh City.
- Squeezing through the tunnels at Cu Chi.
- Enjoying the slow rhythm of life in Mekong Delta.
- Country: Vietnam
- Your Guide: English Speaking
- Travel Style: Cultural & Classic
- Tour Type: Private Tour Package
- Start: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Finish: Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
You will visit
Upon arrival, you will be welcomed by tour guide and driver of S Vietnam
Travel. Tour briefing and transfer to your hotel. Depending on when you
arrive activities can be arranged for the rest of the day.
Having breakfast at hotel then start a guided city tour of Hanoi. Having
celebrated its 1000- year anniversary in 2010, the city has a rich and
fascinating history. Your city tour will take you to the main
attractions of Hanoi, including Ho Chi Minh complex (Ho Chi Minh’s
mausoleum and stilt house); the Presidential Palace, the nearby One
Pillar Pagoda, the Temple of Literature, West lake, Tran Quoc pagoda,
Quan Thanh temple and of the city’s museum (History Museum or Ethnology
Museum). Late afternoon, enjoy Water puppet show and cyclo visiting the
Old Quarter of Hanoi. In the evening, board an overnight sleeper train
to Lao Cai.
The train arrives at Lao Cai train station very early. There will be a
vehicle waiting to transfer you to Sapa. The drive to Sapa is only 33 km
but it takes around 1.5 hours.
Once to Sapa, enjoy the breakfast at the hotel. Then start your day tour by walking down to the South-west of Sapa (around 4 km) to visit Cat Cat village of the Black H’mong. Relax at the foot of the stunning waterfall and the vestige of a hydroelectric power station that was constructed by the French during the colonial time in Vietnam. Trekking next 6 km to Sin Chai, the village located at the foot of Fansipan Mountain, “the roof of Vietnam and Indochina”.
In the afternoon, continue to visit Taphin village. You will have the opportunity to visit and explore the village where the Red Dao and Black H’Mong ethnic minority hill tribes live. Walking around the village to explore the custom, daily life and weaving technique of the local people. Back to the town. Check in hotel. Overnight in Sapa.
In this area there are some fair markets which can't be missed (Can Cau
on Saturday, Bac Ha on Sunday, Coc Ly on Tuesday, Xin Cheng on
You will check out hotel early and leave Sapa for about 3 hours driving to the market. Join in the colorful market of the tribal people in this region. On the fair market the H'mong, Dzao, Phu La people in their best traditional costumes go to the market for shopping and meeting friends and relatives.
Late afternoon, drive to the Chinese border gate for a short visit before driving to the railways station for night train to Hanoi.
Arrive in Hanoi at around 5 am. A day room will be available, so you can
have shower and freshen up before breakfast. At around 8 am, your
driver will pick you up for the journey to Halong Bay and arrive at
around midday to board a traditional junk for an overnight cruise.
Halong Bay is widely considered to be one of the natural wonders of the
world. Thousands of towering pillars of sea and wind-carved limestone
karst make the bay an unforgettable sight. After lunch, explore some of
the huge limestone caves dotted around the bay and visit a floating
fishing village. Then the captain will find a secluded spot where you
can swim, soak up the sun on the top deck, or try your hand at kayaking.
In the evening enjoy a seafood feast for dinner.
Enjoy an early morning swim (during the summer), followed by breakfast
as you cruise through more spectacular scenery. The cruise arrives at
the harbor by noon. The driver will pick you up and then transfer
directly to the airport for flight to Hue. Upon arrival in Hue, you will
be transferred to your hotel. Check in and free time.
Being the ancient capital, Hue is surrounded with ancient tombs of the
past emperors, and with Orient style - those tombs almost located near
the bank of Hue’s river - Perfume river. In the morning, take boat trip
along the scenic Perfume River for sightseeing and next stop will be the
famous Thien Mu pagoda and Ming Mang Emperor’s mausoleum.
Afternoon, continue to visit the Citadel, containing the Imperial City, the Forbidden Purple City and the Emperor's private residence. The Imperial City, created in the 19th century and modeled on the Forbidden City in Beijing. You also visit the vibrant Dong Ba market.
After breakfast, leave Hue for Hoi An, crossing Hai Van Pass where you
will have magnificent view of the sea. Stop at Lang Co to have break.
Visit the fascinating Cham Museum and Marble Mountain en route to
charming Hoi An. Upon arrival, you walk around this ancient town of
600-year old visiting the 200 year-old Tan Ky house, Phuc Kien Pagoda,
the Assembly Hall, the former merchants’ houses, the 400 year-old
Japanese Covered Bridge and the colorful riverside market.
Today, you drive to My Son, a World Heritage, 50 km southwest of Hoi An.
Located in a lush valley; My Son was a capital and religious center of
Cham people, now remaining with red brick towers and sanctuaries. My
Son, once the spiritual capital of Champa Kingdom that dominated South
East Asia for nearly a thousand years and occupied most of the central
parts of Vietnam from 2nd century to 16th century
with very rich in history and culture. Contemplate its remarkable red
brick towers and sanctuaries dating from between the 7th and 13th centuries. Come back Hoi An in the afternoon. Free time for shopping or making tailor.
Leave Hoi An, you will catch morning flight to Saigon, Vietnam’s largest
city has an exciting buzz as millions of people rush around on their
daily business. The tour guide will pick you up at the airport and
transfer to hotel. After a short rest, you will have a half day tour
Saigon including The Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral and Old
Post Office, Remnant War Museum and Ben Thanh market.
Leave Saigon for Cai Be in Vinh Long province. On arrival you embark to
discover Mekong delta. Along the way you visit the many fascinating
local cottages industries including rice paper makers, sweet factory,
bonsai nurseries. After a huge lunch at an orchard you weave your way
through the intricate network of canals which are the lifeblood of the
Mekong Delta, to Vinh Long. At this small town you meet up with your
vehicle for a short drive to Can Tho. Check in hotel and free time.
Wake up in early morning to take the boat trip to Cai Rang Floating
Market - one of the most bustling floating markets in Mekong Delta with
hundreds of small boats barging.
The trading way is unique; each boat usually sells one particular item, whether it is pumpkin, pineapple, sugar cane. After sampling local fruits, the guide will escort you back the hotel through myriad canals. Back to Saigon in the late afternoon. Check in hotel and free time.
This morning, you will visit the famous Cu Chi tunnels, an incredible
underground tunnel network constructed by Vietnamese resistance fighters
during the long struggle for independence.
The network included innumerable trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers and kitchens.
After that, drive to Tay Ninh province to visit Cao Dai great temple - one of the most striking structures in Asia. This temple is the holy land of Cai Dai religion - a mixture of Buddhism, Confucius, Taoism, Hinduism, Christianity…). You will have chance to attend the daily noon prayer. Come back Saigon in the late afternoon.
You have free time until be transferred to the airport for your departure flight. End of the tour. Cảm ơn và chào tạm biệt.
- Accommodation based on twin/double sharing with daily breakfast (3* hotel category).
- Vietnam visa approval letter.
- Experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with AC.
- Round trip train ticket Hanoi - Lao Cai - Hanoi.
- Flight tickets Hanoi/Hue, Danang/Saigon with Vietnam Airlines.
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Lunches and dinners as indicated in the itinerary.
- Taxes and services charges.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Visa stamping fee.
- Early check in and late check out.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
The tour rate is based on twin/double sharing rooms at 3* hotel category. We can customize this tour according to your request. Our travel consultant will contact you within 12 hours with a tailor-made itinerary and price.
A minimum deposit of 30% of the full amount is required to confirm your booking. The balance will be settled before or upon arrival.
Clothing & Packing Tips
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- Waterproof shoes or sandals, a swimsuit, sunscreen, and insect repellent are recommended for outdoor activities.
- It is preferable not to visit temples or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
- Free Wi-Fi is available in most hotels.
- You can buy 4G data simcard at the airport, the price is very low.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
- You will use the Vietnamese dong in Vietnam, Cambodian riel (or U.S. dollars) in Cambodia, and the Kip(Lak) in Laos.
- In Cambodia, U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, though change may be given in riel. Most hotels, restaurants, shops, taxis, buses, and airlines list their prices in U.S. dollars, but small transactions (less than a dollar) are usually conducted in riel. Always carry small amounts of riel for motorcycle taxis, snacks, and other small purchases.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, although it’s worth ordering some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your tour guide and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $10USD to $15USD per day for your tour guide and the equivalent of $5USD to $10USD per day for your driver.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
If you have any specific food requirement (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.) please inform us in advance, we will provide notices to our restaurants, tour guides and partners so they would be able to serve you the best.
We apply non refundable deposit of 10 USD for hotel, air ticket booking, 100 USD/per person for tour package upon service confirmation. Cancellations will be charged as following:
- 30 days before arrival: No cancellation charge.
- 29 - 14 days before arrival: 10% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 13 - 7 days before arrival: 40% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 6 days before arrival: 100 % of the tour cost is forfeited.
- No show: 100% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- Infant under 2-years-old free of charge land tour and 25% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult without extra bed charge 50% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult with bed charge 80% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Upon 12-years-old - 100% charge of tour cost.