Northern Cuisine - 5 Days
- Country: Vietnam
- Your Guide: English Speaking
- Travel Style: Culinary
- Tour Type: Private Tour Package
- Start: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Finish: Hanoi, Vietnam
You will visit
Warmly welcome at Noi Bai airport - Hanoi. Pick up and transfer to your hotel. After a short break, enjoy a walking tour to the Old quarter of Hanoi. Explore street food on vender, why you don’t try to local brew “Bia Hoi” like Hanoian. In the evening, enjoy the Vietnamese dinner at the famous restaurant.
If cooking were painting, Vietnam would have one of the world’s most colorful palettes. Start to discover the diversity of Vietnam flavor with cooking class in Hanoi. This morning, the tour guide will escort you to the class. Meet the chef for a market tour. In the market, the guide and chef will give you the chance to discover the traditional Vietnamese market and explain for you all different kinds of food and vegetable which you may see or not see them before. Back to the kitchen and learn how to make a number of regional delicacies, which may include Banana Flower Salad and Spring Rolls. After a half-day morning session, you enjoy a delicious feast of the dishes you created, and get to take a copy of the recipes home with you.
In the afternoon, you will visit some highlights of Hanoi such as Temple of Literature - the first university in Vietnam, Vietnamese Women’s Museum that offers a broad insight to 54 ethnic groups through a lens of women’s topics. In the later afternoon, enjoy water puppet show.
Depart Hanoi to the Ky Son - a beautiful lodge situated near the ancient village of Duong Lam. You will have the opportunity to interact with local farmer and learning how to make delicious Vietnamese dishes.
Enjoy Vietnamese special Vietnamese lunch in the traditional house. While you are in the house you can also join the local people in producing local specialties such as soft green-lentil cake and rice cake filled with brown onion and enjoys these products (Depends on the season of the year).
After lunch, continue to the ancient village of Duong Lam. This village has a history of about 1,200 years with many houses dating back up to 400 years and well-known for its surviving laterite brick houses, built three to four centuries ago. Visit Mia pagoda - Mia Pagoda - built in 15th century and admire 287 statues of all sizes. Finish at Mong Phu temple where is dedicated to national heroes, King Ngo Quyen temple and King Phung Hung temple before transfer back to Hanoi.
Situated in the Tonkin Golf, Halong bay is one of the world's natural wonders - a bay with more than 3,000 islands, which time, wind and waves have sculpted into fantastic shapes. The best way to appreciate this magical scene is from a boat, cruising between these karst cliffs, which loom like fairy-tale castles, complete with rocky spires and hidden caves. The bay is dotted with tiny islands, pristine sandbanks on the turquoise water providing an excellent backdrop for swimming or just lazing about on the junk boat.
Start your trip around 7.30 am at your hotel. You will enjoy a drive to Halong City, approximately 3.5 via Red River Delta. Once at Halong City you will board our boat for a four-hour cruise of this stunning area, stopping along the way to visit one of the limestone caves in the area. Enjoy a local seafood lunch on board. After 4 hour crusing you are back to harbor for a drive back to your hotel in Hanoi.
Free at leisure until you are transferred to the airport for the departure flight. Cảm ơn và chào tạm biệt.
- Accommodation based on twin/double sharing with daily breakfast (3* hotel category).
- Vietnam visa approval letter.
- Experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with AC.
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Lunches and dinners as indicated in the itinerary.
- Taxes and services charges.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Visa stamping fee.
- Early check in and late check out.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
The tour rate is based on twin/double sharing rooms at 3* hotel category. We can customize this tour according to your request. Our travel consultant will contact you within 12 hours with a tailor-made itinerary and price.
A minimum deposit of 30% of the full amount is required to confirm your booking. The balance will be settled before or upon arrival.
Clothing & Packing Tips
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- Waterproof shoes or sandals, a swimsuit, sunscreen, and insect repellent are recommended for outdoor activities.
- It is preferable not to visit temples or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
- Free Wi-Fi is available in most hotels.
- You can buy 4G data simcard at the airport, the price is very low.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
- You will use the Vietnamese dong in Vietnam, Cambodian riel (or U.S. dollars) in Cambodia, and the Kip(Lak) in Laos.
- In Cambodia, U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, though change may be given in riel. Most hotels, restaurants, shops, taxis, buses, and airlines list their prices in U.S. dollars, but small transactions (less than a dollar) are usually conducted in riel. Always carry small amounts of riel for motorcycle taxis, snacks, and other small purchases.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, although it’s worth ordering some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your tour guide and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $10USD to $15USD per day for your tour guide and the equivalent of $5USD to $10USD per day for your driver.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
If you have any specific food requirement (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.) please inform us in advance, we will provide notices to our restaurants, tour guides and partners so they would be able to serve you the best.
We apply non refundable deposit of 10 USD for hotel, air ticket booking, 100 USD/per person for tour package upon service confirmation. Cancellations will be charged as following:
- 30 days before arrival: No cancellation charge.
- 29 - 14 days before arrival: 10% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 13 - 7 days before arrival: 40% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 6 days before arrival: 100 % of the tour cost is forfeited.
- No show: 100% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- Infant under 2-years-old free of charge land tour and 25% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult without extra bed charge 50% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult with bed charge 80% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Upon 12-years-old - 100% charge of tour cost.