Explore Vietnam - 16 Days
Explore the real Vietnam in this 16 days tour from the North to the South. Enjoying the spectacular sceneries of the Northern mountain, relaxing in the beautiful beaches in the Centre and the South. You also visit the World Heritage sites in Vietnam: the magnificent Halong Bay, the former capital city of Hue, the charming Hoi An ancient town as well as the daily life of Vietnamese people in Hanoi, Saigon or Mekong delta.
- Enjoy real local values and identities.
- Start the tour at the capital of Hanoi.
- Experience a interesting homestay in Mai Chau.
- Have exotic experience Visit the World Heritage Sites (Halong bay - Hue, Hoi An).
- Spend time on relaxing on the golden sand beach in Nha Trang.
- Continue the trip with the biggest city (Saigon).
- Visit one of the most famous battlegrounds in the world: Cu Chi Tunnel.
- Discover the farming life, and fruit gardens in the immense Mekong Delta.
- Country: Vietnam
- Your Guide: English Speaking
- Travel Style: Cultural & Classic
- Tour Type: Private Tour
- Start: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Finish: Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
You will visit
Warmly welcome at Noi Bai airport - Hanoi. Pick up and transfer to your
hotel. If time permits, enjoy a walking tour around Hoan Kiem lake and
attend water puppet show. In the evening, enjoy welcomed dinner at your
Having breakfast at hotel then start a full day city tour in Hanoi.
Start with Ho Chi Minh complex (including Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum and
stilt house); the Presidential Palace, the nearby One Pillar Pagoda and
Tran Quoc pagoda on West lake.
After lunch, continue the trip to explore some interesting places in Hanoi such as the Temple of Literature, Vietnam’s first university and the Ethnology Museum to learn more about the diversity in ethnic communities of Vietnam.
Late afternoon, experience the bustling Hanoi Old quarter by electric car before coming back your hotel.
Depart Hanoi early morning for 3.5 hour journey to Mai Chau. The region
is home to White Thai, H’mong, Zao, Muong, Tay and Hoa ethnic minorities
who live in charming stilt homes. On arrival, you will immerse in
spectacular picturesque surrounded by karst rock formations and rice
paddies. After lunch, spend the afternoon exploring the idyllic natural
surroundings and visit the extraordinary Mo Luong (Soldier) Cave.
This evening, you can enjoy the warm hospitality of the locals with an extensive home cooked meal and a traditional Thai performance of music and dance.
Flowing breakfast at your home stay, you take an easy trek for 3 hours
around the beautiful Mai Chau valley to visit more Muong and Thai
Minority villages. Going from one village to another and have a chance
to get in touch with local villagers going about their daily business
tilling the fields, logging or herding the buffalo. Go back to Lac
Village for lunch before transferring to Hanoi.
At around 8 am, your driver will pick you up for the journey to Halong
Bay and arrive at around midday to board a traditional junk for an
overnight cruise. Halong Bay is widely considered to be one of the
natural wonders of the world. Thousands of towering pillars of sea and
wind-carved limestone karst make the bay an unforgettable sight. After
lunch, explore some of the huge limestone caves dotted around the bay
and visit a floating fishing village. Then the captain will find a
secluded spot where you can swim, soak up the sun on the top deck, or
try your hand at kayaking. In the evening enjoy a seafood feast for
Enjoy an early morning swim (during the summer), followed by breakfast
as you cruise through more spectacular scenery. The cruise arrives at
the harbor by noon. The driver will pick you up and then transfer
directly to the airport for flight to Hue. Upon arrival in Hue, you will
be transferred to your hotel. Check in and free time.
Being the ancient capital, Hue is surrounded with ancient tombs of the
past emperors, and with Orient style - those tombs almost located near
the bank of Hue’s river - Perfume river. In the morning, take boat trip
along the scenic Perfume River for sightseeing and next stop will be the
famous Thien Mu pagoda and Ming Mang Emperor’s mausoleum.
Afternoon, continue to visit the Citadel, containing the Imperial City, the Forbidden Purple City and the Emperor's private residence. The Imperial City, created in the 19th century and modeled on the Forbidden City in Beijing. You also visit the vibrant Dong Ba market.
After breakfast, leave Hue for Hoi An, crossing Hai Van Pass where you
will have magnificent view of the sea. Stop at Lang Co to have break.
Visit the fascinating Cham Museum and Marble Mountain en route to
charming Hoi An. Upon arrival, you walk around this ancient town of
600-year old visiting the 200 year-old Tan Ky house, Phuc Kien Pagoda,
the Assembly Hall, the former merchants’ houses, the 400 year-old
Japanese Covered Bridge and the colorful riverside market.
Today, you will have the experience of working and living with the local
farmer in Tra Que village - one of famous vegetable village in Hoi An.
You will cycle to the village with your guide.
A short stroll will take you around the vegetable garden and then you can join the farmers in preparing the land and fertilizing it with seaweed from the local lake. Following steps are raking the ground, sowing, watering, picking vegetables and many other gardening activities. After all these activities, you will take a short rest and enjoy foot bath before getting to preparing lunch with a local family. Your lunch will consist of many local delicacies including ‘Tam Huu” spring roll, Banh xeo or local pancake of people in Vietnam middle region. You can join the cooking with the chef on these meals. After your morning excursions and your lunch, you will take a Vietnamese traditional post-prandial nap before learning how to harvest and wrap the vegetables.
Around 14.00: bid farewell to your host family before riding back to your hotel.
Today is your free time in Hoi An for shopping or tailor made suites.
Today you leave Hoi An for the short flight to Nha Trang. Pick up and transfer to your resort. Check in and free time at leisure.
You have a free day at leisure in Nha Trang for relaxing and unwinding
at the resort overlooking beautiful Bay. Snorkel or dive among the coral
reefs in crystal blue waters, hike nature trails, cool off in the
swimming pool, indulge in spa treatments or just relax on the white sand
beach and admire the unspoiled mountain and sea views.
Leave Nha Trang, you will catch morning flight to Saigon, Vietnam’s
largest city has an exciting buzz as millions of people rush around on
their daily business. The tour guide will pick you up at the airport and
transfer to hotel. After a short rest, you will have a half day tour
Saigon including The Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral and Old
Post Office, Remnant War Museum and Ben Thanh market.
This morning, you will visit the famous Cu Chi tunnels, an incredible
underground tunnel network constructed by Vietnamese resistance fighters
during the long struggle for independence.
The network included innumerable trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers and kitchens.
After that, drive to Tay Ninh province to visit Cao Dai great temple - one of the most striking structures in Asia. This temple is the holy land of Cai Dai religion - a mixture of Buddhism, Confucius, Taoism, Hinduism, Christianity…). You will have chance to attend the daily noon prayer. Come back Saigon in the late afternoon.
Today, you will discover Mekong delta and visit the colorful floating
market - Cai Be. Leave bustling Saigon for the 3 hour drive to the delta
town of Cai Be. On arrival, board your boat for cruise in the Delta’s
Start your journey by passing by Cai Be’s floating market, cruising among local barges with full of fruits and vegetables… The cruise will then bring you to some local home factories to discover traditional rice paste making, rice pop corn, coco candies…
After a delicious lunch at the local ancient house, you will have chance admire the scenery and the daily life of the local villagers by rowboat passing through small sampan. Stops on the way can be made upon request for particular visits or photos marking. The excursion will end at around 3.00 pm. You will return to Saigon in the later afternoon.
Free time at leisure until be transferred to the airport for your
departure flight. End of the tour. Thank you for using our service.
- Accommodation based on twin/double sharing with daily breakfast (3* hotel category).
- Vietnam visa approval letter.
- Experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with AC.
- Flight tickets Hanoi - Hue, Danang - Nha Trang, Nha Trang - Saigon with Vietnam Airlines.
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Lunches and dinners as indicated in the itinerary.
- Taxes and services charges.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Visa stamping fee.
- Early check in and late check out.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
The tour rate is based on twin/double sharing rooms at 3* hotel category. We can customize this tour according to your request. Our travel consultant will contact you within 12 hours with a tailor-made itinerary and price.
A minimum deposit of 30% of the full amount is required to confirm your booking. The balance will be settled before or upon arrival.
Clothing & Packing Tips
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- Waterproof shoes or sandals, a swimsuit, sunscreen, and insect repellent are recommended for outdoor activities.
- It is preferable not to visit temples or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
- Free Wi-Fi is available in most hotels.
- You can buy 4G data simcard at the airport, the price is very low.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
- You will use the Vietnamese dong in Vietnam, Cambodian riel (or U.S. dollars) in Cambodia, and the Kip(Lak) in Laos.
- In Cambodia, U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, though change may be given in riel. Most hotels, restaurants, shops, taxis, buses, and airlines list their prices in U.S. dollars, but small transactions (less than a dollar) are usually conducted in riel. Always carry small amounts of riel for motorcycle taxis, snacks, and other small purchases.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, although it’s worth ordering some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your tour guide and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $10USD to $15USD per day for your tour guide and the equivalent of $5USD to $10USD per day for your driver.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
If you have any specific food requirement (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.) please inform us in advance, we will provide notices to our restaurants, tour guides and partners so they would be able to serve you the best.
We apply non refundable deposit of 10 USD for hotel, air ticket booking, 100 USD/per person for tour package upon service confirmation. Cancellations will be charged as following:
- 30 days before arrival: No cancellation charge.
- 29 - 14 days before arrival: 10% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 13 - 7 days before arrival: 40% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 6 days before arrival: 100 % of the tour cost is forfeited.
- No show: 100% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- Infant under 2-years-old free of charge land tour and 25% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult without extra bed charge 50% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult with bed charge 80% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Upon 12-years-old - 100% charge of tour cost.