Vietnam and Cambodia are ideal destinations for your family holiday. This tour begins with highlights of Vietnam with interesting activities like kayaking, cycling, and cooking classes. Then fly to Cambodia's wondrous Siem Reap, home to the ancient jungle-covered temples of Angkor.
- Admire the miracle Angkor complex with Ta Prohm temple, which was used as location in the film “Tomb Rider”.Educate your children about the diversity of life while experience how people live and work in floating Mighty Mekong Delta.
- Enjoy an eco-tour to learn about farming life of local people in Hoi An.
- Suite every member of your family with a wide range of activities in Halong Bay.
- Surprise your children with fascinating Water Puppet Show in Hanoi.
- A pleasant journey for your family to discover main attractions Vietnam and Cambodia.
- Country: Vietnam, Cambodia
- Your Guide: English Speaking
- Travel Style: Cultural & Classic
- Tour Type: Private Tour
- Start: Hanoi, Vietnam
- Finish: Siem Reap, Cambodia
You will visit
Warmly welcome at Noi Bai airport - Hanoi. Pick up and transfer to your hotel. If time permits, enjoy a walking tour around Hoan Kiem lake and attend water puppet show. In the evening, enjoy welcomed dinner at your local restaurant.
Start your day with a visit to Bat Trang village - the most famous and long-standing pottery village in Vietnam. You will walk through the village, visiting different homes and observing the ceramic production process. At some workshops, your children can join in one process of making pottery. The product can be taken home as a souvenir.
After lunch, explore Hanoi with the Temple of Literature, Vietnam’s first university for an overview about Hanoian culture and ancient Vietnamese architecture. Continue to the Ethnology Museum to learn more about the diversity in ethnic communities of Vietnam. Enjoy cyclo tour around Hoan Kiem lake before coming back to your hotel.
At around 8 am, your driver will pick you up for the journey to Halong Bay and arrive at around midday to board a traditional junk for an overnight cruise. Halong Bay is widely considered to be one of the natural wonders of the world. Thousands of towering pillars of sea and wind-carved limestone karst make the bay an unforgettable sight. After lunch, explore some of the huge limestone caves dotted around the bay and visit a floating fishing village. Then the captain will find a secluded spot where you can swim, soak up the sun on the top deck, or try your hand at kayaking (The cruise itinerary may be changed due to the weather or operation). In the evening enjoy a seafood feast for dinner.
Enjoy an early morning swim (during the summer), followed by breakfast as you cruise through more spectacular scenery. The cruise arrives at the harbor by noon. The driver will pick you up and then transfer directly to the airport for flight to Hue. Upon arrival in Hue, you will be transferred to your hotel. Check in and free time.
Being the ancient capital, Hue is surrounded with ancient tombs of the past emperors, and with Orient style - those tombs almost located near the bank of Hue’s river - Perfume river. In the morning, take boat trip along the scenic Perfume River for sightseeing and next stop will be the famous Thien Mu pagoda and Ming Mang Emperor’s mausoleum.
Afternoon, continue to visit the Citadel, containing the Imperial City, the Forbidden Purple City and the Emperor's private residence. The Imperial City, created in the 19th century and modeled on the Forbidden City in Beijing. You also visit the vibrant Dong Ba market.
After breakfast, leave Hue for Hoi An, crossing Hai Van Pass where you will have magnificent view of the sea. Stop at Lang Co to have break. Visit the fascinating Cham Museum and Marble Mountain en route to charming Hoi An. Upon arrival, you walk around this ancient town of 600-year old visiting the 200 year-old Tan Ky house, Phuc Kien Pagoda, the Assembly Hall, the former merchants’ houses, the 400 year-old Japanese Covered Bridge and the colorful riverside market.
Today, you will have the experience of working and living with the local farmer in Tra Que village - one of famous vegetable village in Hoi An. You will cycle to the village with your guide.
A short stroll will take you around the vegetable garden and then you can join the farmers in preparing the land and fertilizing it with seaweed from the local lake. Following steps are raking the ground, sowing, watering, picking vegetables and many other gardening activities. After all these activities, you will take a short rest and enjoy foot bath before getting to preparing lunch with a local family. Your lunch will consist of many local delicacies including ‘Tam Huu” spring roll, Banh xeo or local pancake of people in Vietnam middle region. You can join the cooking with the chef on these meals. After your morning excursions and your lunch, you will take a Vietnamese traditional post-prandial nap before learning how to harvest and wrap the vegetables.
Around 14.00: bid farewell to your host family before riding back to your hotel.
You have free time in Hoi An today for going shopping or relaxing on the beach.
Leave Hoi An, you will catch morning flight to Saigon, Vietnam’s largest city has an exciting buzz as millions of people rush around on their daily business. The tour guide will pick you up at the airport and transfer to hotel. After a short rest, you will have a half day tour Saigon including The Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral and Old Post Office, Remnant War Museum and Ben Thanh market.
Today, you will discover Mekong delta and visit the colorful floating market - Cai Be. Leave bustling Saigon for the 3 hour drive to the delta town of Cai Be. On arrival, board your boat for cruise in the Delta’s waterways.
Start your journey by passing by Cai Be’s floating market, cruising among local barges with full of fruits and vegetables… The cruise will then bring you to some local home factories to discover traditional rice paste making, rice pop corn, coco candies…
After a delicious lunch at the local ancient house, you will have chance admire the scenery and the daily life of the local villagers by rowboat passing through small sampan. Stops on the way can be made upon request for particular visits or photos marking. The excursion will end at around 3.00 pm. You will return to Saigon in the later afternoon.
This morning, you will visit the famous Cu Chi tunnels, an incredible underground tunnel network constructed by Vietnamese resistance fighters during the long struggle for independence. The network included innumerable trap doors, specially constructed living areas, storage facilities, weapons factories, field hospitals, command centers and kitchens.
After that, transfer to the airport for the short flight to Siem Reap. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for check in. In the later afternoon, enjoy sunset at Phnom Bakheng.
This morning we visit the ancient Khmer civilization site of Hariharalaya which flourished in the late 9th and earlier 10th centuries. These are the earliest temples in the Angkor area and are referred to the Rolous group (Lo Lei, Preah Koh, and Bakhong Temples). Lunch with the local family and then we will continue to drive to the rural outskirt 35km from Angkor area to visit the smallest, but magnificent, Banteay Srei built in the 10th Century and dedicated to Shiva. The temple was the birthplace of Khmer classical style architecture and the bas-relief work is the best example of Khmer classical art remaining. The pink sandstone structure bears a series of striking and beautiful sculptures, lintels, pediments and friezes. Khmers say the temple must have been carved by women for the details are too fine for the hands of a man. On the way back to Siem Reap we will visit the Banteay Samre Temple adorned with impressive reliefs depicting scenes of Vishnu as well as Krishna legends.
Early morning, visit the picturesque Ta Prohm that had nearly disappeared into the jungle and remains overgrown, an oddly haunting and exotic scene. The magnificent roots of a tree, pushing between the huge stone blocks of the temple in a sort of embrace, evoke feelings that you may remember forever. And continue to visit the intricately carved Khmer ruins at Angkor Wat - one of the world’s most impressive ruins. The temple still owns fine Apsara carvings in Angkorian era art.. At 09am come back to hotel for breakfast and rest in the noon to avoid of the heats of the day until 15:00 continue exploring the mysterious Royal city Angkor Thom. Its 50-tower temple is an awesome sight. At first glance it seems a shapeless mass of stone, but further scrutiny reveals a face, and then another and another until suddenly you are engulfed by the silent, heavy, enigmatic and silent gaze through half-closed eyes, staring out from a primitive and remote time. Further, visit to the surroundings of the complex including the Baphou, Elephant Terraces, Lepper King Terrace and Royal Place area and visit one more ruin in Angkor Area of Preah Khan temple, built in 12th century by King Jayavarman VII and it is the same style to Ta Prom Temple. Transfer to your hotel in the later afternoon.
You have free time until be transferred to the airport for your departure flight. End of the tour. Cảm ơn và chào tạm biệt.
- Accommodation based on twin/double sharing with daily breakfast (3* hotel category).
- Vietnam visa approval letter.
- Experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with AC.
- Flight tickets Hanoi - Hue, Danang - Saigon, Saigon - Siem Reap with Vietnam Airlines.
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Lunches and dinners as indicated in the itinerary.
- Taxes and services charges.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Visa stamping fee.
- Early check in and late check out.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
The tour rate is based on twin/double sharing rooms at 3* hotel category. We can customize this tour according to your request. Our travel consultant will contact you within 12 hours with a tailor-made itinerary and price.
A minimum deposit of 30% of the full amount is required to confirm your booking. The balance will be settled before or upon arrival.
Clothing & Packing Tips
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- Waterproof shoes or sandals, a swimsuit, sunscreen, and insect repellent are recommended for outdoor activities.
- It is preferable not to visit temples or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
- Free Wi-Fi is available in most hotels.
- You can buy 4G data simcard at the airport, the price is very low.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
- You will use the Vietnamese dong in Vietnam, Cambodian riel (or U.S. dollars) in Cambodia, and the Kip(Lak) in Laos.
- In Cambodia, U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, though change may be given in riel. Most hotels, restaurants, shops, taxis, buses, and airlines list their prices in U.S. dollars, but small transactions (less than a dollar) are usually conducted in riel. Always carry small amounts of riel for motorcycle taxis, snacks, and other small purchases.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, although it’s worth ordering some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your tour guide and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $10USD to $15USD per day for your tour guide and the equivalent of $5USD to $10USD per day for your driver.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
If you have any specific food requirement (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.) please inform us in advance, we will provide notices to our restaurants, tour guides and partners so they would be able to serve you the best.
We apply non refundable deposit of 10 USD for hotel, air ticket booking, 100 USD/per person for tour package upon service confirmation. Cancellations will be charged as following:
- 30 days before arrival: No cancellation charge.
- 29 - 14 days before arrival: 10% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 13 - 7 days before arrival: 40% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 6 days before arrival: 100 % of the tour cost is forfeited.
- No show: 100% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- Infant under 2-years-old free of charge land tour and 25% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult without extra bed charge 50% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult with bed charge 80% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Upon 12-years-old - 100% charge of tour cost.