Vietnam Discovery - 12 Days
This journey is designed for people who love to see the difference in culture and nature from the South to North in Vietnam. Discover the irresistibly charming World Heritage sites in Vietnam: Hue citadel, Hoi An ancient town, My Son Holy Land, Halong bay. With many activities, experiences, this trip will be unforgettable for anyone who ever takes it.
- Explore the key and notable attractions of Vietnam.
- Start with the biggest and busiest city in Vietnam (Ho Chi Minh city).
- Learn about farming life, visit wonderful fruit gardens in Mekong Delta.
- Discover the road of Heritage sites in Central Vietnam (Hue - Hoi An - My Son holy land).
- Live a daily life of local farmers in Tra Que Village.
- Witness the hustle and bustle of Hanoi’s Old Quarter.
- Relax and enjoy seafood on a romantic junk on Halong bay.
- Take a boat trip to visit “Kong-skull island” Ninh Binh.
- Country: Vietnam
- Your Guide: English Speaking
- Travel Style: Cultural & Classic
- Tour Type: Private Tour
- Start: Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- Finish: Hanoi, Vietnam
You will visit
Welcome to Saigon - today’s Ho Chi Minh city - the country’s commercial
centre. The city never sleeps with over nine million inhabitants and
five million motorbikes. The drive and tour guide will pick you up and
then transfer to city centre. You have free time after flight and then
enjoy welcome dinner at the local restaurant.
Depart the hotel for a full day Saigon city tour. Head to Chinatown
district and discover Cho Lon or “Big Market”, shops, and the Cantonese
Thien Hau Pagoda - one of the oldest pagodas of the Chinese in the area.
Visit Vietnam's first traditional medicine museum, the FITO Museum,
with an amazing collection of 3,000 items relevant to the development of
traditional Vietnamese medicine. Implements used to prepare indigenous
herbs, and objects commonly found in traditional pharmacies can be seen
in the galleries as well as ancient books and documents on traditional
In the afternoon, visit War Remnants Museum, featuring collections of weapons and photographs during Vietnam Wars and the Reunification Palace, the former residence of the President of South Vietnam until April 30, 1975. Close to the Palace are the major sights of colonial Saigon: the Old Saigon Post Office, Dong Khoi Street (formerly Rue Catinat), Continental Hotel, Opera House and City Hall (a vehicle will be waiting at all times). At the end of the afternoon head back to the hotel.
Today, you will discover Mekong delta and visit the colorful floating
market - Cai Be. Leave bustling Saigon for the 3 hour drive to the delta
town of Cai Be. On arrival, board your boat for cruise in the Delta’s
Start your journey by passing by Cai Be’s floating market, cruising among local barges with full of fruits and vegetables… The cruise will then bring you to some local home factories to discover traditional rice paste making, rice pop corn, coco candies…
After a delicious lunch at the local ancient house, you will have chance admire the scenery and the daily life of the local villagers by rowboat passing through small sampan. Stops on the way can be made upon request for particular visits or photos marking. The excursion will end at around 3.00 pm. You will return to Saigon in the later afternoon.
This morning, you will catch flight to Hue - the former imperial capital
of Vietnam. The tour guide and driver will pick you up at the airport.
After a short break, you will visit the Citadel and the Forbidden Purple
City and Dong Ba market. You also to visit one garden house - the
unique feature of Hue. The houses are traditional, privately owned, and
set in attractive formal gardens. You can feel the Hue traditional
architecture associated with the natural environment. Your overnight
will be in Hue.
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel and then board a private boat for a cruise
on Perfume river. You will visit Thien Mu pagoda and then take a drive
to visit Minh Mang tomb as well as Khai Dinh tomb. The different style
of the tomes will help you to understand the character of each king.
After lunch at the local restaurant, you will leave Hue for Hoi An. On the way, you will have chance to visit Cham museum and Marble mountain. Arriving in Hoi An, check in hotel and free time to explore your ancient town. Overnight in Hoi An.
Today, you will have the experience of working and living with the local
farmer in Tra Que village - one of famous vegetable village in Hoi An.
You will cycle to the village with your guide.
A short stroll will take you around the vegetable garden and then you can join the farmers in preparing the land and fertilizing it with seaweed from the local lake. Following steps are raking the ground, sowing, watering, picking vegetables and many other gardening activities. After all these activities, you will take a short rest and enjoy foot bath before getting to preparing lunch with a local family. Your lunch will consist of many local delicacies including ‘Tam Huu” spring roll, Banh xeo or local pancake of people in Vietnam middle region. You can join the cooking with the chef on these meals. After your morning excursions and your lunch, you will take a Vietnamese traditional post-prandial nap before learning how to harvest and wrap the vegetables.
Around 14.00: bid farewell to your host family before riding back to your hotel.
Today, you drive to My Son, a World Heritage, 50 km southwest of Hoi An.
Located in a lush valley; My Son was a capital and religious center of
Cham people, now remaining with red brick towers and sanctuaries. My
Son, once the spiritual capital of Champa Kingdom that dominated South
East Asia for nearly a thousand years and occupied most of the central
parts of Vietnam from 2nd century to 16th century with very rich in
history and culture. Contemplate its remarkable red brick towers and
sanctuaries dating from between the 7th and 13th centuries. Come back
Hoi An in the afternoon. Free time for shopping or making tailor.
This morning, you will catch flight to Hanoi - the capital of Vietnam.
Upon arrival, you will visit the Temple of Literature, the first
University of Veitnam, for an overview about Hanoian culture and ancient
Vietnamese architecture. Continue to the Vietnamese Women’s Museum that
offers a broad insight to 54 ethnic groups through a lens of women’s
In the afternoon, you will walk to visit Hoan Kiem lake, local markets and Hanoi's Old Quarter, known for its 36 streets and former craft guilds. Enjoy a water puppet performance before coming to your hotel. Overnight in Hanoi.
At around 8 am, your driver will pick you up for the journey to Halong
Bay and arrive at around midday to board a traditional junk for an
overnight cruise. Halong Bay is widely considered to be one of the
natural wonders of the world. Thousands of towering pillars of sea and
wind-carved limestone karst make the bay an unforgettable sight. After
lunch, explore some of the huge limestone caves dotted around the bay
and visit a floating fishing village. Then the captain will find a
secluded spot where you can swim, soak up the sun on the top deck, or
try your hand at kayaking. In the evening enjoy a seafood feast for
Enjoy an early morning swim (during the summer), followed by breakfast
as you cruise through more spectacular scenery. The cruise arrives at
the harbor by noon. The driver will pick you up and then transfer
directly Ninh Binh.
You will arrive in Ninh Binh in the late afternoon, check in hotel. After that, you will have chance to trek with buffalo cart ride to visit the countryside landscape, rice cultivation and lifestyle. Overnight in Ninh Binh.
You start a day by the local way, have breakfast then row the sampans in
the rice field to visit 3 caves in Tam Coc (Hang Ca, Hang Giua and Hang
Biking to Bich Dong and visit the pagoda on the mountain and take another route biking all the way through the villages to Hoa Lu - was the capital city of Vietnam under the Dinh Dynasty between 968 and 1009 AD. Some of the sanctuaries and tombs have survived the years and can still be seen today. Later in the afternoon, you return to Hanoi. Check in hotel and free time.
You have free time for shopping or relaxation before your departure flight. End of the trip. Cảm ơn và chào tạm biệt.
- Accommodation based on twin/double sharing with daily breakfast (3* hotel category).
- Vietnam visa approval letter.
- Experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary.
- Private transportation with AC.
- Flight tickets Saigon - Hue, Danang - Hanoi with Vietnam Airlines.
- All sightseeing tickets.
- Lunches and dinners as indicated in the itinerary.
- Taxes and services charges.
- International flight tickets and airport tax.
- Visa stamping fee.
- Early check in and late check out.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses.
The tour rate is based on twin/double sharing rooms at 3* hotel category. We can customize this tour according to your request. Our travel consultant will contact you within 12 hours with a tailor-made itinerary and price.
A minimum deposit of 30% of the full amount is required to confirm your booking. The balance will be settled before or upon arrival.
Clothing & Packing Tips
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered to accommodate varying temperatures, as well as a light jacket.
- A sturdy pair of walking shoes or sneakers is recommended for sightseeing.
- Waterproof shoes or sandals, a swimsuit, sunscreen, and insect repellent are recommended for outdoor activities.
- It is preferable not to visit temples or other religious sites with bare legs and shoulders (and entrance may be denied on this basis).
- Free Wi-Fi is available in most hotels.
- You can buy 4G data simcard at the airport, the price is very low.
- Please contact your mobile service provider for information on roaming charges.
- You will use the Vietnamese dong in Vietnam, Cambodian riel (or U.S. dollars) in Cambodia, and the Kip(Lak) in Laos.
- In Cambodia, U.S. dollars are accepted everywhere, though change may be given in riel. Most hotels, restaurants, shops, taxis, buses, and airlines list their prices in U.S. dollars, but small transactions (less than a dollar) are usually conducted in riel. Always carry small amounts of riel for motorcycle taxis, snacks, and other small purchases.
- Better rates of exchange are usually available overseas, although it’s worth ordering some currency from your local bank to use when you first arrive.
- We strongly advise that you take debit/bank cards and credit cards, which can be used to withdraw cash at local banks as needed.
- You can use most debit/credit cards at ATMs on the international networks Cirrus and Plus, but make sure to check with your home bank about withdrawal fees.
- International banks and businesses primarily accept debit and credit cards that work with the EMV chip system. If you do not already have at least one debit or credit card with a chip in it, we strongly recommend requesting one from your bank prior to your tour.
- At the conclusion of your tour, it’s customary to offer your tour guide and driver a gratuity in local currency. Please keep current exchange rates in mind.
- We recommend tipping the equivalent of $10USD to $15USD per day for your tour guide and the equivalent of $5USD to $10USD per day for your driver.
- Tips can only be paid in cash.
If you have any specific food requirement (vegetarian, vegan, food allergies, etc.) please inform us in advance, we will provide notices to our restaurants, tour guides and partners so they would be able to serve you the best.
We apply non refundable deposit of 10 USD for hotel, air ticket booking, 100 USD/per person for tour package upon service confirmation. Cancellations will be charged as following:
- 30 days before arrival: No cancellation charge.
- 29 - 14 days before arrival: 10% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 13 - 7 days before arrival: 40% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- 6 days before arrival: 100 % of the tour cost is forfeited.
- No show: 100% of the tour cost is forfeited.
- Infant under 2-years-old free of charge land tour and 25% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult without extra bed charge 50% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Child under 12-years-old sharing room with adult with bed charge 80% of adult land tour and 75% of airfare.
- Upon 12-years-old - 100% charge of tour cost.